DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024) | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Because of its location near Trolls, I wonder if the former DreamWorks Destination will stay that or become a 100% Trolls dance show. Either way, I would hope that at least the interior gets plussed up to make it less obvious this used to be Barney.

Oh I'll be negative about it... it looks "cheap". When you've got a fancy new park opening next year, doing scenic detail like this is just poor decisions.
Yeah...Especially with how beautifully all the sculpted marquees and figures in Minion land turned out. I was hoping this land wouldn't look like a Six Flags-tier land with glorified cardboard cutouts posted all over.

minion-land-opens-6363.png
Minion-Land-Sign-Universal-Studios-Florida-Orlando-Minions-15.png

Yeah...Especially with how beautifully all the sculpted marquees and figures in Minion land turned out. I was hoping this land wouldn't look like a Six Flags-tier land with glorified cardboard cutouts posted all over.

View attachment 20768
View attachment 20769
Disappointing that they didn't think to copy this style over to the DreamWorks sign. Heck the DW sign has wooden planks exposed! That is unacceptable for a theme park like Universal.

The singing frogs and the other rumored interactive stuff (Mama Luna's cats, whatever they end up doing back in KFP's area) look really nice and well thought out. It's just the signage and some structures that look really cheap. Hopefully when completed everything feels cohesive and so cool that we forget about these other things
I can understand. I’m def waiting til completion before any thoughts, though. Even simple things like trees and plants can really make a difference.

How about this?

That looks decent. Tomfoolery I believe said a while ago this land will be better than many people initially thought it would be. It was the right call to phase out the Woody Woodpecker IP and replace it with DW, which resonates far more with today's audiences. And who knows, maybe they could add a dark ride down the line as well.

The hideous tents at the front directly behind the cheap Dreamworks sign are even worse than the Trolls cutouts. Both are strange given the rest of the land looks pretty immersive otherwise. I have to imagine those tents are temporary?

There were Woody Woodpecker flats around the former land as decoration too. But then also full figures of Curious George and more as well.

There are flat troll decorations here, as well as the well crafted spider model and those frogs.
That's true. The spider and webs look nice and I'm hoping there's more sculpted stuff all around the play areas thats going to be installed later.

Are you thinking Mama Luna's interior will have physical cats? Super simple AAs with swinging tails, heads popping out of boxes, etc? Or more screen based stuff?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95