E3 2017 | Inside Universal Forums

E3 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 15, 2012
E3 has begun! Yesterday EA held their keynote for the EA Play event in LA. Today Microsoft and Bethesda hold their press conferences, followed by Ubisoft and Sony tomorrow, and finally Nintendo on Monday.

Check out Giant Bomb talking over the EA conference below.

As somebody who's doesn't game that much, this might've been the best thing I heard at Microsoft's entire presentation. I love the old school N64 platformers (Banjo Tooie is still my favorite video game bar none) and it's awesome to finally see one outside of Nintendo.

Looking forward to Nintendo. Hoping Smash Bros gets announced and seeing more of Mario Odyssey. Also might look into getting a PS4 this year so I'll be keeping an eye on that presentation. That Spider Man game looks pretty good

Agreed.

If it happens, then I can't see it till early 2018 at the earliest for a release, as is think it'd be crazy if they had it at a similar time to Odyssey.

It's wishful thinking. Odyssey is gonna be the big game this year. But I don't think it's completely out of the question of it's just gonna be a port of the Wii U version like Mario Kart was. I wouldn't put it past them to release that and Odyssey this winter to try and boost sales. I just hope the production on Switches has gone up to meet the holiday demand.

It's wishful thinking. Odyssey is gonna be the big game this year. But I don't think it's completely out of the question of it's just gonna be a port of the Wii U version like Mario Kart was. I wouldn't put it past them to release that and Odyssey this winter to try and boost sales. I just hope the production on Switches has gone up to meet the holiday demand.

The problem with doing a port is then you push out the real sequel even more and now have Mario Kart AND Smash punted. Even if it's a port it probably wouldn't be till 2018. I say buckle down, get a new Smash, and release it 2019.

Since it seems like no one is gonna talk about it as a whole, I thought the Microsoft press conference was great, my only real problems with it is I hate the Xbox One X name, and the price is ridiculous.

As far as games go, I was really surprised with Sea of Thieves, I wasn't even excited for it before today, but now I want it so bad. My other favorite was Shadow of War, good lord that game looks fantastic.

Reactions: MrRoamer
The problem with doing a port is then you push out the real sequel even more and now have Mario Kart AND Smash punted. Even if it's a port it probably wouldn't be till 2018. I say buckle down, get a new Smash, and release it 2019.

I think a real sequel is still years away. There is always big gaps in between releases. At this point what else could they do to warrant a sequel? With the massive roster and DLC, I think a port of the Wii U game is the only option right now.

I think a real sequel is still years away. There is always big gaps in between releases. At this point what else could they do to warrant a sequel? With the massive roster and DLC, I think a port of the Wii U game is the only option right now.
If they did a port it should also include all the unique content from the 3DS version to really drive the hybrid thing home.

Did anyone else watch Microsoft's press conference and think, "wow, look at all these games people can get on PC or PS4."

Since the Xbox One reveal it's just been a downward spiral.

Looking forward to Nintendo. Hoping Smash Bros gets announced and seeing more of Mario Odyssey.

Nintendo's direct only will show games coming out in 2017, so Smash definitely won't be there.

Since it seems like no one is gonna talk about it as a whole, I thought the Microsoft press conference was great, my only real problems with it is I hate the Xbox One X name, and the price is ridiculous.

As far as games go, I was really surprised with Sea of Thieves, I wasn't even excited for it before today, but now I want it so bad. My other favorite was Shadow of War, good lord that game looks fantastic.

I thought Microsoft's was really, really bad. Gave 0 reason for anyone to buy the X over the S, and a lot of their "exclusives" weren't really exclusives.

Sea of Thieves is a kind of game that would be fun in theory, but you'd have to have a dedicated crew to run with.

So far the only games I've seen announced that I'll definitely be getting are Wolfenstein and Tunic, which is an indy Zelda-like.

Reactions: Mike S