Editorial: No Room for Mistakes – The Wizarding World of Harry Potter | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Editorial: No Room for Mistakes – The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Gosh, I don't know what I'd do if they added another 3D experience....although it would sort of make sense. Guests already have 3D glasses in their hands from Kong....just not sure how it would technically work. Would the 3D be only on one side?

Let's be honest though: if they do update or change F&F, whatever it will be, it'll HAVE to be better than what we currently have. Can't make it any worse ;) although if I hear one more Dancing With The Cars joke, I'll throw up lol.

I personally feel that if they replaced SES with a hit show, like Wicked, it would be extremely popular. Mind you, SES is awesome as well, and I love that USH has a behind the scenes type show, but in it's current form, I'd prefer some extravagant show like Wicked, on the scale of the old Conan show.

I just...can't visualize how busy and tight the park is going to be. During peak times, the park is unbearable unfortunately. And I feel that once Potter comes, it'll be a sardine can year round unit they increase capacity elsewhere.

Universal Plaza will be great, but it'll just help with navigation....hardly anything else unfortunately. But it'll be great nonetheless
They should just bring back Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue. Man I miss that show... Lol 

Either that, or at least improve the SES show. The original was much better in my opinion.

Reactions: Jon Fu
They should just bring back Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue. Man I miss that show... Lol 

Either that, or at least improve the SES show. The original was much better in my opinion.
Not to stray off topic, but welcome! :lol:

I find it sort of odd that there aren't more 3D experiences on the tour. Not that I'd want the tour to be full of artificial nonsense, but I think it's odd that they make such a big deal out of the 3D glasses, and you end up using them only once.

Not to stray off topic, but welcome! :lol:

I find it sort of odd that there aren't more 3D experiences on the tour. Not that I'd want the tour to be full of artificial nonsense, but I think it's odd that they make such a big deal out of the 3D glasses, and you end up using them only once.
You have no idea how much this pisses me off. ONE TIME! And then I have to hold them for the rest of the hour because they're worthless.

Welcome!

To be honest, I'm really sick of 3D attractions. There's only so many times they can spin 3D on the tour without it seeming cumbersome and stale.

Reactions: Freak
Like what they always say.. " The whole World is in 3D " Has anyone heard that quote from Tour guides before? and Yes!! i agree. Lets add more rides with Animatronics  and Physical moving Sets. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not at all saying I'm for 3D taking over the tour! :lol: I just find it odd that we hold the glasses forever, use them for 5 minutes or less, and then hold onto them again for the rest of the tour. Just somewhat inconvenient in my opinion, and it's more likely that they'll get lost or accidentally stowed away in someone's bag.

Not at all saying I'm for 3D taking over the tour! :lol: I just find it odd that we hold the glasses forever, use them for 5 minutes or less, and then hold onto them again for the rest of the tour. Just somewhat inconvenient in my opinion, and it's more likely that they'll get lost or accidentally stowed away in someone's bag.
They could add something closer to the end to force people to hold the glasses till the end and not trow them on the rest of the Tram route. lol

remember guys. 3d is alot easier to fix. All they have to do is reboot the computer. well, most of the time
Not to mention 3D is also very cheap to operate. You can run it all day if you need to.

Obviously 3D is cheaper and easier. Doesn't mean Universal should keep relying on it. I know that many people are sick of USH because of all the simulators. Not just fans like us, but casual visitors who have stopped giving USH a chance because everything uses projections.

Universal Studios Hollywood's official Facebook page linked a micechat article about USH....

Alrighty then.....lol
MiceChat is popular. It's nothing personal. Just the way things are.

Anyhow, let's get back on topic. If you wish to start a new thread, feel free. But let's keep this thread focused on the original post.

I know it's popular, nothing against them. I just found it kinda amusing to have Universal link to a Disney fan site (regardless if it's MC or not lol). You know what I mean :p

Lots of places online are saying that the tour will probably be getting something new (a new attraction segment) in 2015, between Minion Mayhem and Potter. Would having something new on the tour help with the Potter crowds? I would guess yes if it is something pretty spectacular.

What they really need during Potter's first few years of operation are crowd-eating shows like SES and WW. Based on how insane the crowds are for Potter in IOA, I'm afraid for our park.. Has it ever handled something this gargantuan and popular in its history?

Yup, Jurassic Park! Biggest game changer opening USH has ever had. Oddly enough it still handled it pretty well. I think it was because back then, even with something as giant as JP, USH still wasn't looked at as a proper theme park and didn't have that big of an attendance in comparison to other parks. Yes, JP really made a big difference and was a game changer in a way. But it wasn't AS big as what Potter will be, in part because USH is now touted as an actual theme park more than it used to be. And other reasons as well.

It's late, and I'm rambling haha.