Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 103 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thinking a fountain looks great does not mean I'm blind to the park's deficiencies, or that I'm on board with its continued thematic dissolution.

It's a reminder of a time when the park was much better than it is right now, and I'd rather have it than not have it.

Thinking a fountain looks great does not mean I'm blind to the park's deficiencies, or that I'm on board with its continued thematic dissolution.

It's a reminder of a time when the park was much better than it is right now, and I'd rather have it than not have it.
Oh, it's certainly an E-ticket fountain for sure...I don't think anyone is arguing that

I'm fairly certain Epcot is one of the few parks where such a fountain would be celebrated...and you have to find some odd humor in that

Oh, it's certainly an E-ticket fountain for sure...I don't think anyone is arguing that

I'm fairly certain Epcot is one of the few parks where such a fountain would be celebrated...and you have to find some odd humor in that
We celebrated a generic “center stage” at DHS a few years ago because it meant the hat was gone. This is a similar situation. It’s almost more about what’s gone than what’s there in a way.

We celebrated a generic “center stage” at DHS a few years ago because it meant the hat was gone. This is a similar situation. It’s almost more about what’s gone than what’s there in a way.
I'm just glad I don't have to wear 3D glasses to experience the fountain

Take note Universal

I'm just glad I don't have to wear 3D glasses to experience the fountain

Take note Universal

Where the hell did this come from?

Anyway, the fountain looks nice but I still feel the smarter move would have been to pave a totally new way forward for the park and not rest on the iconography of the past.

Reactions: RevFreako
Anyway, the fountain looks nice but I still feel the smarter move would have been to pave a totally new way forward for the park and not rest on the iconography of the past.

The past is probably more interesting than whatever Disney's nebulous new vision for the park is (which they've yet to coherently articulate).

I'll take a classy throwback over statues of Elsa, Remy, and the Guardians, or something.

The past is probably more interesting than whatever Disney's nebulous new vision for the park is (which they've yet to coherently articulate).

I'll take a classy throwback over statues of Elsa, Remy, and the Guardians, or something.
I normally would be all about moving forward too, but the original fountain was so classy and timeless that I have little doubt they’d be able to come up with anything better.

Reactions: belloq87

A non-descript park themed to the world and future or something

Reactions: SeventyOne
This is ultimately pretty meaningless, but it's nice to hear Baxter talk about it publicly...

In my opinion, Disney already built a blueprint for what a modern Dreamfinder and Figment ride could look like, Mystic Manor.

Swap out the professor with Dreamfinder and the monkey with Figment and tell me it wouldn't work.

Obviously tonally there would be a bit of a shift...but that would simply be worked out in the score.

In my opinion, Disney already built a blueprint for what a modern Dreamfinder and Figment ride could look like, Mystic Manor.

Swap out the professor with Dreamfinder and the monkey with Figment and tell me it wouldn't work.

Obviously tonally there would be a bit of a shift...but that would simply be worked out in the score.

Just in terms of the effects techniques and visual spectacle of it, Mystic Manor seems like a great template.

I'd ditch the trackless ride system, though. With two already in Hollywood Studios and one in Epcot, I think we're set for a while. Find some other way to give the vehicle a unique feeling of motion.

Reactions: shiekra38
It’s been reported that permits have been filed for the refurb of MouseGear and Electric Umbrella portions of Future World. These I knew would still happen. What I’m waiting to see is what they do with the World Celebration and Moana plots on the other side.

Just in terms of the effects techniques and visual spectacle of it, Mystic Manor seems like a great template.

I'd ditch the trackless ride system, though. With two already in Hollywood Studios and one in Epcot, I think we're set for a while. Find some other way to give the vehicle a unique feeling of motion.

Why not work with Dynamic Attractions and build a scoop ride? Sure, UNI/IOA each have one but I'm sure that Disney could a) Theme the cars to make them feel different and b) the ride would allow for all sorts of motion. I've never been one to complain about using the same ride systems. I ride multiple coasters at the same park without complaint and many of them are by the same manufacturers. Same with dark rides and flume rides.

Why not work with Dynamic Attractions and build a scoop ride? Sure, UNI/IOA each have one but I'm sure that Disney could a) Theme the cars to make them feel different and b) the ride would allow for all sorts of motion.

That sort of ride vehicle moving through an attraction that's not a simulator hybrid could be a unique experience, for sure.

It’s been reported that permits have been filed for the refurb of MouseGear and Electric Umbrella portions of Future World. These I knew would still happen. What I’m waiting to see is what they do with the World Celebration and Moana plots on the other side.
I'm thinking they may find a way to just keep the non-demolished part of the building and then it becomes does Moana get scrapped altogether, or does the event pavilion get scrapped and Moana move?

At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if they go ahead with demolition with the remaining part of Innoventions West.

I'm thinking they may find a way to just keep the non-demolished part of the building and then it becomes does Moana get scrapped altogether, or does the event pavilion get scrapped and Moana move?

At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if they go ahead with demolition with the remaining part of Innoventions West.
There is a strong internal desire to do Moana exactly as originally intended.