1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Epcot Overhaul

Discussion in 'Epcot' started by Brian G., Jul 15, 2017.

1. scott_walker

scott_walker Premium Member

What about adding Jamaica to the World Showcase with a Cool Runnings bobsled coaster since everything needs an IP attached to it now?

I watched Cool Runnings today.

2. Nick C.

Nick C. Staff Member Moderator

Just to update everyone here on the latest rumors on Brazil... apparently a ride is NOT in the budget as of now. How they think it's good business to open a new country without a ride in this day and age is beyond me.

3. Alexshow

Alexshow Veteran Member

...that's lucrative. VERY lucrative.

That'd be a bad move to me, as it also makes no sense, especially as Epcot needs more attractions to do. And that the additions to Future World won't be enough.

Nick C. likes this.
  4. epcyclopedia

epcyclopedia Veteran Member

Eh, it adds dining and shopping which they've been doing since World Showcase opened.

This is essentially calling it Brazil instead of an expansion of one of the other countries.

I'd be more offended if Ratatouille wasn't coming and the little ride for the U.K. wasnt as likely to happen as it is.

5. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

It just wouldn't be World Showcase if their wasn't a planned ride that didn't happen

Jones14 and hairyleo like this.
  6. Mr. EPCOT

Mr. EPCOT Veteran Member

My thing is, I think there are clearly people within WDP&R that have pushed for a coaster in EPCOT... so just build freaking Mount Fuji already. Give Energy the Big Bang update or put the TRON coaster there instead of Tomorrowland, do a Guardians overlay on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and everybody's happy. Except for, you know, Aerosmith fans.

Ashhanbre likes this.
  7. graspthesun

graspthesun Premium Member

Fogo de Chao confirmed.

8. highkite

highkite Newcomer

hairyleo likes this.
  9. Nick C.

Nick C. Staff Member Moderator

There was also the Time Racers coaster that was supposed to replace SSE with Project Gemini. Thank goodness that never happened.

AliciaStella likes this.
  10. Mr. EPCOT

Mr. EPCOT Veteran Member

Wouldn't northeast be last/least likely since there are offices and some operations still in the old Computer Central? Southeast is just literally all MouseGear, isn't it?

11. epcyclopedia

epcyclopedia Veteran Member

Anyone know what they're up to at Seas?

The restaurant has a short multi-day refurb later this month and there's lots of construction behind it.

12. Joshua Porter

Joshua Porter Newcomer

Personally, I love World Showcase for what it is and don't think every pavilion needs a ride attached to it. However, I am also of the persuasion that I want as many rides as possible. I would happily accept a new pavilion opening sooner, rather than later, and a ride set to follow on an expansion pad within the couple of years that follow. I think the overhaul needs to focus on Future World before it starts to even think of furthering World Showcase past the Ratatouille addition and this potential UK expansion. I also think they have to be a lot more crafty with space and time at World Showcase because of it's commitments during F&G and F&W.

belloq87 likes this.