Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Falling Bridge Effect?

Jan 22, 2020
Hey y'all. I seen a decent amount of people mention a falling/collapsing bridge effect that used to occur in houses. Does anybody have any images of it? Thanks!

Hey y'all. I seen a decent amount of people mention a falling/collapsing bridge effect that used to occur in houses. Does anybody have any images of it? Thanks!
It was a purchased effect that ran on pneumatics. It was about twelve foot long with a hinge midway through. Air would “raise” it at the hinge two-three inches then release it, allowing the bridge to drop.

It was the exact same effect you sometimes see in carnival fun houses.

Not sure if it was used again in the past 10 years or so, but the two times I remember experiencing it was 2007's Dead Silence & 2008's Interstellar Terror

The only two images I was able to dig up:
1000009876.jpg
2007's Dead Silence "catwalk" scene is where you'd encounter the dropping floor. Thanks to the mirror it gave the illusion you were high above the stage. What you're actually seeing is the reflection of a Mary Shaw dummy upside-down several feet up. It was a great effect & memorable!

1000009877.jpg
2008's Interstellar Terror "explosion" scene is where you'd encounter the dropping floor. I believe this image is of that scene, but it's hard to tell without the show lighting/effects. You'd pass through the spinning vortex tunnel of doom & you'd come to find that the ship (NSO Columbus 1492) had flipped upside-down. On either side you'd see a domino style effect on the "floor" coming towards you, once it reached that little hub, the floor would drop.

Unfortunately nobody really thought to document the floor where these effects were located. But hope that helps anyone wondering about these two past floor dropping scenes.

Last edited:
Not sure if it was used again in the past 10 years or so, but the two times I remember experiencing it was 2007's Dead Silence & 2008's Interstellar Terror

The only two images I was able to dig up:
View attachment 20863
2007's Dead Silence "catwalk" scene is where you'd encounter the dropping floor. Thanks to the mirror it gave the illusion you were high above the stage. What you're actually seeing is the reflection of a Mary Shaw dummy upside-down several feet up. It was a great effect & memorable!

View attachment 20864
2008's Interstellar Terror "explosion" scene is where you'd encounter the dropping floor. I believe this image is of that scene, but it's hard to tell without the show lighting/effects. You'd pass through the spinning vortex tunnel of doom & you'd come to find that the ship (NSO Columbus 1492) had flipped upside-down. On either side you'd see a domino style effect on the "floor" coming towards you, once it reached that little hub, the floor would drop.

Unfortunately nobody really thought to document the floor where these effects were located. But hope that helps anyone wondering about these two past floor dropping scenes.
I need that Interstellar Terror sequel yesterday.