Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nope Studio Tour Attraction

It is genuinely fantastic to see a brand new physical experience come in and be present. Also shows the level of confidence Universal has in their First Look deal with Peele, given how intricate this seems to be.

Can't wait to see the final product.

I can't help but think how crazy cool this must all be for Jordan Peele. It's only been seven years since K&P ended, and he's been so successful shifting into the film arena since then that he's getting a full-blown attraction on the Studio Tour, which is just wild. I met him years ago at a UCB event he was checking out around when K&P was kicking off, having been a fan of his from his Mad TV days, and he was just super nice, so I'm glad for him--this has to be such a surreal dream come true.

I could see the new experience starting out as a "Rehearsal" for a scene from the Western they are filming in Nope. Part-way through, Aliens invade and start messing with stuff, leading to explosions, deaths, and all-around chaos as the actors have to do battle with and survive the Aliens. Could be very cool.

EDIT: Watching the special preview, looks like Jupiter's Claim is not a set from a film our leads are renting their Hollywood horses to, but is instead a Western themed attraction, possibly the one that Stephen Yuen's character runs. In that case, maybe we are there to watch one of the shows they put on daily for guests, but Aliens intervene part-way through and etc. etc., you know the drill.

I can't help but think how crazy cool this must all be for Jordan Peele. It's only been seven years since K&P ended, and he's been so successful shifting into the film arena since then that he's getting a full-blown attraction on the Studio Tour, which is just wild. I met him years ago at a UCB event he was checking out around when K&P was kicking off, having been a fan of his from his Mad TV days, and he was just super nice, so I'm glad for him--this has to be such a surreal dream come true.
This 100%. An old roommate of mine worked in costume/wardrobe for Mad TV when Jordan was on the show. When Key and Peele was taking off, he was constantly saying how cool Jordan was and how the two of them occasionally chatted about movies and stuff. The last couple times I've run into this old roomie, we've talked about those days and how he wasn't surprised to see Jordan succeed because he was so passionate and smart. It's why I was so confident in the Us HHN maze because I knew if he was even just a little bit involved, it had a chance to be great!

It'd be nice if Universal could bring back the Munsters house to the Studio Tour, especially with the Munsters reboot movie coming out later this year. The original house is still there on Colonial street, all they'd have to do is redress it to the way it used to look back in the day.

Hell yeah, that would have been such a good promotion, especially since Universal is getting so good these days. Maybe put on a good show for Studio Tour guests like how the Grinch set did sometimes.

Here's a view from the parking garage top level

View attachment 16454

I'm really excited that the Studio Tour is evolving instead of taking a back step. The fact this set might be a permanent attraction shows that USH isn't ignoring the Studio Tour while at the same time trying to mirror itself to be more like its Orlando counterpart.

I don't predict a summer trip to USH this year for myself quite yet (unless I get a pass in anticipation for Super Nintendo World), so I really hope HHN uses this at the end of the Terror Tram in some way.

I don't predict a summer trip to USH this year for myself quite yet (unless I get a pass in anticipation for Super Nintendo World), so I really hope HHN uses this at the end of the Terror Tram in some way.
I mean...they have to right?

It would almost be a waste if NOPE isn't a big part of this years HHN

Watching the new NOPE trailer, I'm guessing we are invited by Jupe (Steven Yeun) to witness 'The Star Lasso Experience', where horses are sacrificed to Aliens. The Aliens don't just slaughter the horses though. Looks like it might be a recreation of a brutal scene from the upcoming flick.

I am not watching the new trailer for Nope because I want to go in as blind as possible.

Also, pure speculation here, but I wonder if they got Steven Yeun (Jupe) or Jordan Peele to film stuff for the tram. Like, I can imagine Jordan Peele welcoming you to the “Nope experience” like Peter Jackson did for King Kong 360.

I'd prefer to experience the Studio Tour attractions as actual attractions rather than with lame introductions (Kong 360). The "hot set" gimmick for Earthquake & Flashflood are perfect. Visiting Amity, also perfect.

So hopefully this will just be another "hot set" experience followed by the guide mentioning its a recreation from the film (or we find out the sets are the actual film sets).