Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nope Studio Tour Attraction

- death by JAWS with blood
- Norman carrying dead body

Zombie & dead bodies littered the War of the Worlds set in front of day guests.

Also it's literally a studio tour through an actual movie backlot. Let's not act like NOPE was erected in Fantasyland (which sends you to Hell with Mr Toad) or ToonTown with Chainsaw Nightmare Mouse
Jurassic World's original Pteranodon scene comes to mind too.

I posted those photos last week without commentary, because I wasn't sure what to make of it yet. Do they really need that bloody horse? What does that tell us about the story?
Universal has done a fantastic job shielding any spoilers. Bravo to whoever is responsible for preventing leaks lol

Seems like that bloody horse prop might be the first thing you see before entering Jupiter’s Claim (in other words, it will remain in it’s current spot, atop/thrust into the truck. Might actually supposed to be the fake horse OJ and Emerald attempt to trick the Alien craft with). The truck it’s atop/ thrust into seems attached to a horse trailer. Combing through the ads, it looks like OJ drives a similar truck in the actual movie.

Seems like the only thing they are still working on/building is that wooden structure in the back (not sure how much work is left to be done on it. Appears to be the location for ‘The Star Lasso Experience”, so something big might occur there during the stop).

Considering they still have to test the effects, as well as rehearse the actual show (if this doesn’t end up being a drive-thru with some effects and no actors), I’d say we could see this start operation on the Week of July 4 or July 11 at the earliest (I’m going to climb out on a shaky branch and hedge my bets on it opening July 4th week. Universal would want to build up as much hype as possible for Nope, and this would give them 3 weeks of hype/operation if you include opening week of Nope).

Last edited:
I'm guessing this will not open until the movie does to protect spoilers (even though the new trailers give away much of the game). The lack of advertising has been strange, though.

I am not aware of any casting calls, so I'd be inclined to believe this will be exclusively effects-based.

At the very least, hopefully they were able to shoot something with some of the cast; I have to imagine, considering the setting, that Steven Yeun would pop up in on-tram video in character to "welcome" us to Jupiter's Claim.

I get the feeling this is really going to push the limits for what they can do with daytime audiences for the Tour and I’m all here for it! Can’t wait to hear the traumatized kids! :grin:
Maybe some kids but most kids out there watch stuff like Dr Strange 2....they are consuming scary media much younger then i did.

So think most will be fine and if not...close your eyes. People laugh at the shark and hopefully this will make them scream for real....a little scare is good now and then