Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fanny Pack Rules?

May 6, 2016
Never heard any info about this but are fanny packs allowed on the metal detector roller coasters or not?

Never heard any info about this but are fanny packs allowed on the metal detector roller coasters or not?

i use one all the time on all of the coasters. They are still subject to the metal detectors, though. i use mine for an insulin pump, glucose tablets, and even put my AP in there for Hulk.

For rides like Mummy and Gringotts, which do not have metal detectors but warn against phones and the like, they don't even check the fanny packs.

Just wondering since I'm going to gradventure and I wear glasses that might fall off during a roller coaster. So on the metal detectors if you have glasses in your fanny pack, will you need to put them away or what?

Fast and the furious is going to require you to wear a fanny pack.
But to answer your question, yes- fanny pack rules!
rock18f-2-web.jpg

Depends if they set off the metal detector or, if they do, the TM. Try HRRR or Hulk first, so if the detector goes off and you do have to put them in a locker, at least they are close.

Don't plan on having a fanny pack on any coaster that is above or inverts near guest areas: Hulk, DC, and HRRR.

Hate to contradict TT, but i have worn my fannypack on each coaster at least 5-7 times since the metal detectors were installed. Maybe they are giving me some leeway since i approach them w/ my insulin pump out and announce it, but i wear one all of the time.

Rides with lockers and no detectors don't even care, as i keep the pack under my shirt. You wouldn't know i had one if you happened to run into me at in a park. i often bring my wife's phone in that way so she can take pics on those rides.

Take that for what it's worth, but i definatley were a pack on the coasters.

Hate to contradict TT, but i have worn my fannypack on each coaster at least 5-7 times since the metal detectors were installed. Maybe they are giving me some leeway since i approach them w/ my insulin pump out and announce it, but i wear one all of the time.

Rides with lockers and no detectors don't even care, as i keep the pack under my shirt. You wouldn't know i had one if you happened to run into me at in a park. i often bring my wife's phone in that way so she can take pics on those rides.

I think rules are different for medical devices than they are for cell phones

I think rules are different for medical devices than they are for cell phones

Yeah, they don't think you'll pull out your diabetic supplies and use them on a coaster, they do think you'll pull out a cellphone.

You both are absolutely right. i'm just saying that they will not balk at one if it is under your shirt and does not set off the metal detector.

So cellphones would not make it through at all. Glasses... maybe.

ETA: the fanny pack in and of itself is not an issue; what is in it is.

You both are absolutely right. i'm just saying that they will not balk at one if it is under your shirt and does not set off the metal detector.

So cellphones would not make it through at all. Glasses... maybe.

ETA: the fanny pack in and of itself is not an issue; what is in it is.

I take my glasses off and leave them in the locker with my phone on Hulk and DC. I mean luckily I can still see somewhat so it's not too bad, but I'd rather them not slide out of my pocket on a ride.

I would never consider a fanny pack though (but obviously your situation is very different.)

Thanks for the correction!