Fantastic Beasts: Secrets Of Dumbledore | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantastic Beasts: Secrets Of Dumbledore

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
DO.

HOGWARTS.

Christ... how can they not figure out people don’t care about stuff beyond what we’re already aware of. Do a story about Godric, Rowena, Helga, and Salazar meeting and forming Hogwarts. Do kid Dumbledore going to Hogwarts. Do Marauders at Hogwarts. Click click bloody click Hogwarts.
I don't know man, just do magic and stuff with a good story? Hasn't Star Wars and Marvel taught us that you keep a franchise successful by constantly doing new things and not carrying lots of nostalgic story baggage?

If I were WB, I'd pay JKR a lump sum to take a walk, divest herself completely from the franchise, and then hire some talent to more or less do exactly what Legacy said.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I mean, The Mandalorian has showed a fan-base can care about completely new set of characters.

If WB can’t get people to care about more than just Harry and Hogwarts, than that’s their own fault from a creative issue.
I don't know man, just do magic and stuff with a good story? Hasn't Star Wars and Marvel taught us that you keep a franchise successful by constantly doing new things and not carrying lots of nostalgic story baggage?
Mandalorian’s first couple of episodes visit Tatooine, have Storm Troopers, Jawas, not-Boba Fetts and a baby Yoda. It’s actually filled with stuff we know and are familiar with. Everything that show and the broader Star Wars films and shows have done, in some way, is centered on characters, locations, or story beats we care about. It’s one of the reasons it works.

Marvel is a little more apt as a proof of effective storytelling, but again. The connections are obvious and leaned into to a point where the we see active engagement from characters, locations, and story beats across multiple films.

The first Fantastic Beasts had almost no direct connection to anything we knew about the Wizarding World, and the sequel reeked of forced implementation of it.

People love Hogwarts. Use Hogwarts.

Last edited:
Mandalorian’s first episode is entirely set on Tatooine, and filled with Storm Troopers, Jawas, not-Boba Fetts and a baby Yoda. It’s actually filled with stuff we know and are familiar with. Everything that show and the broader Star Wars films and shows have done, in some way, is centered on characters, locations, or story beats we care about. It’s one of the reasons it works.

Marvel is a little more apt as a proof of effective storytelling, but again. The connections are obvious and leaned into to a point where the we see active engagement from characters, locations, and story beats across multiple films.

The first Fantastic Beasts had almost no direct connection to anything we knew about the Wizarding World, and the sequel reeked of forced implementation of it.

People love Hogwarts. Use Hogwarts.
Mandalorian 201 is set on Tatooine. 105 was on Tatooine of course and I get what you’re talking about with Jawas, Troopers, the Empire, Baby Yoda, etc. Maybe not the best example but still.

I do agree that Marvel has managed to make fringe characters extremely popular and interesting across a shared universe. The Wizarding World could easily be that, but just like with the DCEU, WB doesn’t know how to properly create a Universe people care about with Potter now.

I agree Hogwarts should be involved in some respects, but just like the MCU, you can also have an Ant-Man that’s completely different in tone, is interesting enough, and it would tie together a story.

The Battle of Hogwarts should be the Endgame of a Wizarding World Cinematic Universe, imo.

Reactions: Frogki and Tristan
Hogwarts at this point is already having it's own Prequel game of sorts with Hogwarts Legacy for consoles. That said, allow me to...argue for something. With Hogwarts Legacy already focusing on the past, why not have a Hogwarts Story set after Cursed Child, more in the modern day than even that of the novel. Focus on the clash of magic and technology; and how resurging numbers of Death Eaters may result in a return of sorts of the darker tones? Bring a new cast and have it focus on the teachers and faculty as they solve the issues.

Reactions: Frogki
I also don't agree that it absolutely *has* to be Hogwarts. But it absolutely *should* be movies set at a Wizarding School. Now that she's introduced more, I don't think there's a reason not to feature them.

Whatever they do should not be related (plot wise) to the events of the original story though. All-new characters for sure

Hogwarts at this point is already having it's own Prequel game of sorts with Hogwarts Legacy for consoles. That said, allow me to...argue for something. With Hogwarts Legacy already focusing on the past, why not have a Hogwarts Story set after Cursed Child, more in the modern day than even that of the novel. Focus on the clash of magic and technology; and how resurging numbers of Death Eaters may result in a return of sorts of the darker tones? Bring a new cast and have it focus on the teachers and faculty as they solve the issues.
I was actually thinking about this too. I think a Muggle-born wizard or witch, filled with modern-day cynicism and a reliance on technology, getting accepted into and attending a stubbornly naive and intentionally antiquated wizard school could be fascinating. We’ve already seen the wizarding world through Harry’s wonder-filled eyes and the cushion of celebrity; let’s see a story about a kid who wants to do magic but grows frustrated with the culture surrounding it.

I love Hogwarts....but you could do new locations. Its the Characters and Story...they just need to be better

Potter is about Love, friends become family, hate and how to over come it, growing up, race/class Prejudice and the failing of the government.

Whats Beast about...its about many of the same themes but done in the more generic action move ways with NO set ups. The main characters are barley connected to the plot and really have no interest in being apart of it, also magic just happens. Here is the magic attack well we can just counter it with this spell we just made up, ohhh so compelling

I think that’s kinda how Wizarding World magic works.
They normally have set ups...don't touch that magically door or you die...the fang destroyed the book so should be able to destroy other horcruxes...even in half blood prince they added the scenes to show malfoy testing the closet that can teleport people because the book didn't really set it up

These movies are being mad up as they go like the sequels and 9/10 times unless you have genius on your team the films will turn out like crap written that way

Last edited:
They normally have set ups...don't touch that magically door or you die...the fag destroyed the book so should be able to destroy other horcruxes...even in half blood prince they added the scenes to show malfoy testing the closet that can teleport people because the book didn't really set it up

These movies are being mad up as they go like the sequels and 9/10 times unless you have genius on your team the films will turn out like crap written that way
Mate ya gotta word with an important letter missing

I mean, good for him from what I've read and seen it looks like he was the one being abused and if WB wants to fire him because they don't like the fact a man can be hurt by a woman then im not sad to see them lose more money off these films

I mean, good for him from what I've read and seen it looks like he was the one being abused and if WB wants to fire him because they don't like the fact a man can be hurt by a woman then im not sad to see them lose more money off these films
Ummm, they fired him because UK courts ruled there was overwhelming evidence to support the claim after Depp went to court himself, suing for libel, which is one of the easiest cases to win in court. Word is WB did an internal investigation and they didn't like their findings either.

Just to play devil's advocate, courts make bad rulings all the time.

As a fan, I've tended to side more with Depp (while acknowledging that I wasn't there, and only have opinions on this based on the recorded conversations that came out), but if I were in WB's position, I'd probably be looking to make a clean break from both Depp and Heard in their respective franchises. PR-wise, it makes sense, and I think they kind of need to be treated as a package deal.

Which is too bad, because I liked what both Depp and Heard were doing in those roles.

Just to play devil's advocate, courts make bad rulings all the time.

As a fan, I've tended to side more with Depp (while acknowledging that I wasn't there, and only have opinions on this based on the recorded conversations that came out), but if I were in WB's position, I'd probably be looking to make a clean break from both Depp and Heard in their respective franchises. PR-wise, it makes sense, and I think they kind of need to be treated as a package deal.

Which is too bad, because I liked what both Depp and Heard were doing in those roles.
Well, Depp has a similar court case in the US as well, so we'll see how that turns out for him.

Either way, I think it's awfully hypocritical on WB's part that Depp got canned for the same thing there's video of Ezra Miller doing, yet not only is Ezra Miller still The Flash, but he's also still in Fantastic Beasts!