Fantastic Beasts: Secrets Of Dumbledore | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantastic Beasts: Secrets Of Dumbledore

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe it's not just that the actors are bad but also that I'd rather the actors be doing other things? By the time filming is done, the lead actors will have been on this film for almost an entire year.

I mean this is also to me a big improvement for sure he will bring more depth to the character....Depp isn't a bad actor but he was for sure not being directed in a way that would make him perform well.

Reactions: malice and Nico
If I were Warner Bros, I would just wrap up the series with the next film. I could so easily see this one bombing as the last film was seen as a financial disappointment and Johnny Depp (justifiably or not) has a lot of fans who are already launching their boycotts of this and Aquaman 2.

If I were Warner Bros, I would just wrap up the series with the next film. I could so easily see this one bombing as the last film was seen as a financial disappointment and Johnny Depp (justifiably or not) has a lot of fans who are already launching their boycotts of this and Aquaman 2.
Ah yes the fabled fan boycott that actually works :eek:O: .
They'll stop making the movies when they stop making money. If this next one doesn't make money, they won't make another one.

Reactions: RevFreako
They'll stop making the movies when they stop making money. If this next one doesn't make money, they won't make another one.
There are a lot of places where a boycott works. The movie theater isn't one of them.

There are a lot of places where a boycott works. The movie theater isn't one of them.
I mean, it's not like Crimes of Grindelwald made a ton in profit and based on how things usually work with movie franchises is that, unless you have something interesting to add or you're literally bringing in characters from other movies like the MCU movies do, you're probably going to make less and less money with each film you release in the film franchise.

I see FB 3 barely breaking even, or, probably more likely, going to HBO Max and then they never have to talk about how the movie performed besides in vague terms.

Reactions: SeventyOne
They should have Alfonso Cuarón direct the 3rd film.

Not actually a bad idea. They seem determined to let David Yates do all of them and I think having different directors was part of what made the first movies so special.

If they do all 5 planned FB ovies he will have directed 8 Wizarding World movies - way too much from one Director IMO.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I dislike it because it implies more gratuitous expansion of backstory that will likely only end up contradicting/retconning what was learned about Dumbledore in the HP novels.

Dumbledore's secrets -- the ones anybody would care about -- were already explored in DEATHLY HALLOWS.