Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

I'm still holding out hope that someday we'll get the Beauty and the Beast dark ride as well as a few additional attractions to Fantasyland.

After all, was t Princess Fairytale Hall supposed to be temporary? Gut that sucker for another dark ride and move the princesses to a new meet n greet built in an expansion area. (Tomorrowland Speedway anyone? Lol)

As far as I know that was never the case. Any child that wants a part can have a part and even those children that don't want a part can still get their picture with Belle. The few times we have done it over the years they have always gone around and asked the kids that did not participate if they wanted pictures, even the babies. They have generic roles like silverware and things like that for the "extra" roles. But no kid is turned down if they want a role in the play.

Hmm.. Only did it once (and that was enough) but maybe it was different then. The CMs did the choosing and I was actually involuntarily chosen to participate.

Hmm.. Only did it once (and that was enough) but maybe it was different then. The CMs did the choosing and I was actually involuntarily chosen to participate.

Yes, they pick adult men (which never volunteer) to be the guards. The CMs do pick for the main roles and then they have extra stuff for leftover kids. If a child didn't volunteer they normally double check with them at that point and then the point of taking pictures with Belle.

Yes, they pick adult men (which never volunteer) to be the guards.
Men try for it more than you'd expect (of course, mostly young adults). And if you involuntarily choose to do it, you can always tell them no. All you have to do is wave your hands like you don't want it and they have to pick someone else.

Men try for it more than you'd expect (of course, mostly young adults). And if you involuntarily choose to do it, you can always tell them no. All you have to do is wave your hands like you don't want it and they have to pick someone else.

If I brought my kid to it (which fortunately I am not a father yet), I'd be inclined to do it for them and would be happy to do so. Seeing their face light up would absolutely be worth it.

If I brought my kid to it (which fortunately I am not a father yet), I'd be inclined to do it for them and would be happy to do so. Seeing their face light up would absolutely be worth it.

True. My daughter wants to do it next time and she wants her daddy to volunteer.

I had the best ride experience ever at a Disney park the other night when I got lucky enough to be on the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train during the fireworks. It was a spectacular experience as fireworks lit up the sky all around us during the entire ride. What made it even better was the guy behind us doing his best Seth Rogan impression & really getting into it. I laughed and smiled through the whole ride. It really felt like we were living in a Disney commercial.

I had the best ride experience ever at a Disney park the other night when I got lucky enough to be on the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train during the fireworks. It was a spectacular experience as fireworks lit up the sky all around us during the entire ride. What made it even better was the guy behind us doing his best Seth Rogan impression & really getting into it. I laughed and smiled through the whole ride. It really felt like we were living in a Disney commercial.

I'm surprised they are running during fireworks after the incident.

Screen grab from the project Kiwi video. Best close-up of the dragon from fantasyland media preview night I have seen so far.

Disney Imagineering Project Kiwi

Screen-Shot-2021-04-23-at-6.09.35-AM.jpg

Last edited: