Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just realized, the foot traffic in this area is going to be so much worse...

Shame they haven't created extra public floor space under the station and around the coaster (if the original station artwork is roughly correct) as it looks like it's mainly being used for the queue line and theming.

I did originally think, before this coaster, that we might one day get another starway coming off the upper lot by Super Silly fun land to split the crowd going fown to the LL and provide some much needed room through Springfield.

Shame they haven't created extra public floor space under the station and around the coaster (if the original station artwork is roughly correct) as it looks like it's mainly being used for the queue line and theming.

I did originally think, before this coaster, that we might one day get another starway coming off the upper lot by Super Silly fun land to split the crowd going fown to the LL and provide some much needed room through Springfield.
I wish.....god do I wish we could have more paths at USH.

I wish.....god do I wish we could have more paths at USH
USH definitely needs more walking space and not just that out and back layout it has. For the coaster entrance, I hope they make a large enough path/plaza cutout from the main path so crowd flow isn’t affected. If they slap the entrance RIGHT along the main path then that’s going to be bottleneck city. People stopping to take pictures, deciding if they want to ride, queue clear outs for breakdowns etc.

USH definitely needs more walking space and not just that out and back layout it has. For the coaster entrance, I hope they make a large enough path/plaza cutout from the main path so crowd flow isn’t affected. If they slap the entrance RIGHT along the main path then that’s going to be bottleneck city. People stopping to take pictures, deciding if they want to ride, queue clear outs for breakdowns etc.
I really like the idea Jamesh22 said, of a path that goes from near Paris/Minions to the Stairwell.

It would be just....amazing. Like when Tot connected through Bugsland to the main area or Galaxy Edge path from Critter Country, it just makes everything feel better.

I honestly rather keep Simpsons. Bourne Stuntacular suckssssssssssss.
90 Day Fiance Ew GIF by TLC Europe
I will always choose ride over show too o_O

I feel like Universal is pushing forward with the success of SNW and how busy it's been they want a new ride...like yesterday along with the weather in CA now being wetter then years before. They know if they don't get X done by the time the rain comes it could push the ride back weeks if not months.

So glad they are killing it with this ride timeline, hope it somehow opens at the end of next year mocking Disney with a similar timeline to Redoing splash by them taking out two HUGE building and making a brand new ride

I hope there isn’t forced preshows and you walk by the sets like on Velocicoaster. Make the queue videos long enough too so you aren’t hearing multiple loops while standing in the same room.
I’m sorry to get political here but we gotta rally for the state of California to outlaw mandatory preshows for theme park rides. They gotta GO.

Just realized, the foot traffic in this area is going to be so much worse...

I can't imagine it will ever be as bad as the years when the upper lot plaza was under construction.

I’m sorry to get political here but we gotta rally for the state of California to outlaw mandatory preshows for theme park rides. They gotta GO.

If there's any state that would do it in the name of "consumer protection," it would be California. lol

Check out some more photos of the work being done for this attraction in our September photo update.

I wonder if the cost and difficulty for building this coaster is going to be much higher due to the terrain and slope. Just like what happened to Tatsu at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Extremely difficult areas to build a custom coaster.

I wonder if the cost and difficulty for building this coaster is going to be much higher due to the terrain and slope. Just like what happened to Tatsu at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Extremely difficult areas to build a custom coaster.
I think it should be fine. They are doing terraforming work as we speak to make the installation less challenging when we get to that point. SFMM left a lot of the trees/terrain intact when building Tatsu which made it a lot more difficult. Uni is really getting ahead of that by gutting that whole hillside.

Reactions: BriefCasey