Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is something on the scale never seen in ANY theme park and I guarantee it will be huge hit - even more so than the Summer Kong opened. 
tumblr_lrl31hTbIh1qekaat.gif

If it's seriously gonna be groundbreaking and unlike anything we've seen before, we're in for a treat!!! I can't contain my excitement.

My biggest hope, beyond their being physical elements, is that it isn't too short like Kong!

Well that was my initial thought as well, but the scenes can still be short. I'm probably paranoid haha. I'm sure they're going to do everything in their power to really make this worthy of being the grand finale.

The speed driven between each section is very important, and the tram must stop almost exactly on mark so that the individual gimbals for each car can function properly. Stopping too far back can cause a time out, and too far forward automatically ends the show and opens the doors. If you've ridden the tram long enough you've probably seen it happen in Kong and EQ.
I've been on king kong many times and the tram never had problems. The only issue i can think of was the driver not driving far enough to start the simulation. That might be a bigger issue IMO. But i agree that the new attraction will need alot of work.

F&f will be the Back to the Future of the 21st century. And i can't wait!

Once completed, the attraction will have to be run through thousands of times with tram loaded with sandbags to simulate guest weight. We have not yet begun this process. In addition, all of the drivers will need to be trained to drive the attraction as it involves several important timing elements that must be accurately executed. This is something on the scale never seen in ANY theme park and I guarantee it will be huge hit - even more so than the Summer Kong opened. FF has a much larger fan base than Kong ever had and especially internationally. When we open you're gonna want to run straight to the Tour this Summer!
What i love about F&f is how human actors will run the show partially. Pretty much like Terminator 2:3D. Universal is pretty much paying tribute to their older attractions.

I had that issue happen to me a few times when Kong was still in previews, we had to go back around because the tram wasn't aligned properly.

I hope that the tops and bottoms of the screens won't be as noticeable as they are in Kong.

The only problem I've had with Kong is whenever the tourguide plays a clip out of sync, so when we eventually do get into the showroom, we sit there waiting, in the dark, for Peter Jackson to tell us to put our glasses on. Then the "ride" starts awkwardly. I hope this doesn't happen with Supercharged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aaron