Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

I never noticed any edges. Never thought to put my focus away from the action like that. Interesting pick.

Not sure with Kong, but with other screen-based rides (e.g. Forbidden Journey) I've noticed the edges because I've ridden the ride several times, and want to pick out more details in the scenery. Though I did check Kong's screen edges after noticing the fake foliage on the right-hand side.

So how's this tire fire progressing?

Any bloggers bother to take photos of it lately?

The big problem is, there's going to be very little to see since it's mostly going to be indoors and even though it's the only ride construction going on in both parks, does anybody who knows what to expect really care?

It is mainly when you sit at the sides of the RV, when you sit in the middle you don't really notice them.
Whenever I bring new people on Kong, I make my girlfriend and I sit on the ends with the noobies in the middle. Usually its during HHN when our big group of friends come so they only get 1 chance a year to ride so I try and make the most of it for them.

Hmm surprised most people don't like the virtual queue idea. I think FF will be great for it. I imagine it being like the Test Track Pavilion/ post show but with better theming. I'd prefer this over switchbacks and shuffling forward every few minutes. It's like the pager playground thing Disney did for Dumbo.

I don't want every ride to have it, but rides that don't need to start it's story telling right away I think will work great.
The only part I don't like is the return time on Fallon, just because I like spontaneity during the day. The actual elimination of a traditional line I dig

Hmm surprised most people don't like the virtual queue idea. I think FF will be great for it. I imagine it being like the Test Track Pavilion/ post show but with better theming. I'd prefer this over switchbacks and shuffling forward every few minutes. It's like the pager playground thing Disney did for Dumbo.

I don't want every ride to have it, but rides that don't need to start it's story telling right away I think will work great.
The only part I don't like is the return time on Fallon, just because I like spontaneity during the day. The actual elimination of a traditional line I dig

I think people are just programmed to think a traditional queue is how things should be....look at the haunted mansion and how confused people get leaving the stretching room....watch how folks queue themselves by the doors in any preshow room.

My wife is the perfect example, we stopped by the studios on this last trip to check out Fallon. We went in and all lights were on to go upstairs, so I was not allowed to check things out downstairs.

We went upstairs, the Ragtime Gals were about to come out, so I told the family we should go check it out...when they finished, Red came up to go into the studio, my wife decided that our Orange ticket was Red so off to the ride we headed....her only objective was to ride a ride and then get to a store or back to the hotel....

I love the idea of getting rid of a traditional line. I don't love the idea of needing to book return times, because with every attraction you have to do that for, there are decreased options for what you can be doing to fill the time before your return... unless you're able to hold many return times at once, but then that becomes a whole other issue with needing to plan out too many things in terms of your day's schedule.

I don't like the seemingly inevitable spread of the virtual queue approach, but on the other hand, this is highly unlikely to be an attraction I ride more than once, anyway.

That is fine with me. It will be like Disaster, a once in a long while ride that eats other people not affecting my park experience one bit.

Not to be a buzz kill- but this isn't going to be a people eater. It's actually reducing capacity.
Neither Fallon nor F&F with its virtual queue will take a single person from another attraction- because they can still go to the other attractions while being in a virtual line.
They've reduced capacity to all standby attractions because we lost twister and disaster and haven't replaced it with anymore stand by. They either need to switch everything to virtual or keep it all standby. Otherwise they just increase wait times at all traditional stand by lines with every standby the replace with virtual.

Can Universal not see the forest for the trees here? Or should I say- do they only see trees and not the forest?

Virtual Queue works if only a few rides have it. If you assume that park attendance keeps going up every time a new attraction opens, but you don't have everyone standing in a queue but out in the park as normal, the park becomes more crowded and the waits for everything else go up. There needs to be a balance between that and the situation at VB. I think Virtual Queue at this ride will be a good idea, as I expect it won't be that good and you'd rather not have unhappy guests who stood in line for three hours. However it's slowly turning into Disney's old FP system, and I don't think many more rides can have it before there becomes a problem.

Also I'm thinking way too far ahead here, but will they be able to limit anyone from reserving times at both FF and Fallon at the same time frame, considering you just get a paper ticket?

Not to be a buzz kill- but this isn't going to be a people eater. It's actually reducing capacity.
Neither Fallon nor F&F with its virtual queue will take a single person from another attraction- because they can still go to the other attractions while being in a virtual line.
They've reduced capacity to all standby attractions because we lost twister and disaster and haven't replaced it with anymore stand by. They either need to switch everything to virtual or keep it all standby. Otherwise they just increase wait times at all traditional stand by lines with every standby the replace with virtual.

Can Universal not see the forest for the trees here? Or should I say- do they only see trees and not the forest?
Remember you are not supposed to be standing in other lines. You should be buying merch, food and drinks. Get with the program man! :lmao:

Virtual Queue works if only a few rides have it. If you assume that park attendance keeps going up every time a new attraction opens, but you don't have everyone standing in a queue but out in the park as normal, the park becomes more crowded and the waits for everything else go up. There needs to be a balance between that and the situation at VB. I think Virtual Queue at this ride will be a good idea, as I expect it won't be that good and you'd rather not have unhappy guests who stood in line for three hours. However it's slowly turning into Disney's old FP system, and I don't think many more rides can have it before there becomes a problem.

Also I'm thinking way too far ahead here, but will they be able to limit anyone from reserving times at both FF and Fallon at the same time frame, considering you just get a paper ticket?

Apples and oranges. VB is all virtual- that's fine. Better Ops, more rides, and attendance decline can fix any issues. Done deal.

I can't disagree enough about "virtual works if only a few have it"
Because when you remove a stand by attraction- and replace with a virtual- you've done nothing but increase wait times through all the other rides at the park- both through the reduction of disaster's queue and the increase of crowds for a new attraction.

Simple math with made up capacities:
If F&F can push 2k people an hour - but it's all virtual- you have no one in line. Zero increased capacity at park.
if disaster saw 1k people an hour - now those 1k people are in line for MIB, Gringotts, and Hogwarts Express.
If F&F brought a thousand more people into the park that day, then those people also are physically in line for all other attractions but only "virtually" for F&F

You've made a people eating attraction that hasn't taken a single person from another line. While at the same time you removed an attraction that did.

Last edited:
Apples and oranges. VB is all virtual- that's fine. Better Ops, more rides, and attendance decline can fix any issues. Done deal.

If Universal Studios was all virtual queue I'm pretty sure it'd be impossible to walk anywhere it'd be so crowded, and they're not going to reduce capacity of their main park.

But I believe we're saying the same thing otherwise: new rides with virtual queue don't help capacity of the park at all therefore you can only have a few or issues arise.

If Universal Studios was all virtual queue I'm pretty sure it'd be impossible to walk anywhere it'd be so crowded, and they're not going to reduce capacity of their main park.

But I believe we're saying the same thing otherwise: new rides with virtual queue don't help capacity of the park at all therefore you can only have a few or issues arise.
I agree on both parts. No way you can do virtual at the entire park.
But the problem, in my eyes, arises when we are replacing attractions that had stand by with attractions that are virtual.
If they just added a new virtual queue attraction, great. But universal doesn't have that luxury, unfortunately.

If they would make F&F traditional queuing, for example, then it would decrease the lines elsewhere- which is how it should be, no?
As it stands- we now have all of disasters queue dispersed looking for a home while the influx of attendence from people wanting to ride F&F clog up the other lines further.

Look- I do express on site- so I don't care as I'm unaffected. It's just a bad trend.