Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 172 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We went upstairs, the Ragtime Gals were about to come out, so I told the family we should go check it out...when they finished, Red came up to go into the studio, my wife decided that our Orange ticket was Red so off to the ride we headed....her only objective was to ride a ride and then get to a store or back to the hotel....
I think with the amount of money tourists are paying to be in the parks, it's the majority objective. People don't want to pay hundreds to sit around and have to wait 200+ minutes to ride something. They want to feel like they're using their time appropriately, I don't want to eat because I have nothing else to do while in a virtual line. I would like to eat, when I want to.

While in an original queue people are walking towards a goal, the objective of getting on the ride. Instead of sitting around doing nothing.

But the problem, in my eyes, arises when we are replacing attractions that had stand by with attractions that are virtual.

Twister and Disaster were, correct me if I'm wrong, two attractions with the lowest standby waits. Yes there will be an additional impact on reducing capacity, but it's probably minimal. You still have to wait 20 minutes once inside Fallon's building before you get on the ride... but considering it's pretty high capacity it's probably similar to what those two earlier attractions had for wait times/number of people waiting. Now if you had a big ride like MIB/Mummy replaced with a new experience with a virtual queue, you would have a problem.

That being said I don't like virtual lines.... my friends and I just do single rider for everything and go home lol.

so i wasn't expecting much in this ride but after seeing the new wall picture i expect even less.
FFSC_Int_Dyn_Lead_961x421_Eng.jpg

its this picture minus the tram and the logo

Reactions: tankart150
I don't think I could be less excited for a ride

Just a bit dismayed at how we gone from Diagon to this situation in just a few years...they've wasted 3 years of momentum in my eyes.

You can't have the highs without the lows.

Even Elvis didn't have a hit every time and not every ball hit is a home run.

You have to look at the bigger picture, not every ride will resonate with everybody but enough people will like FF to make it a winner, same with Fallon.

Uni are working to make a well rounded parks that appeal to a multitude of demographics, so whilst every ride won't be a mass hit or a home run uni are doing enough to still be one of the greats, just like Elvis ,ahha.

Kong is effing great. Y'all cray.

Agree, really enjoyed KK.

Even Elvis didn't have a hit every time and not every ball hit is a home run.

You have to look at the bigger picture, not every ride will resonate with everybody but enough people will like FF to make it a winner, same with Fallon.

Uni are working to make a well rounded parks that appeal to a multitude of demographics, so whilst every ride won't be a mass hit or a home run uni are doing enough to still be one of the greats, just like Elvis ,ahha.

Agree, really enjoyed KK.

I really can't tell how this is going to go. I think people will like it, sure but I think the people who hate it though, are really going to hate it. People will either say it's a poor representation of the IP or too similar to Kong or just another screen based ride.

I think all the excuses that worked for people disliking Fallon and Kong, won't work this time around.

I really can't tell how this is going to go. I think people will like it, sure but I think the people who hate it though, are really going to hate it. People will either say it's a poor representation of the IP or too similar to Kong or just another screen based ride.

I think all the excuses that worked for people disliking Fallon and Kong, won't work this time around.

Agree. However, I wonder how many of the GP will notice the similarities to Kong. Or care. That is the hard part to measure. Yes, the advertisements may cause people to expect a thrill ride. So, Marketing had better be careful to not overpromise/underdeliver.

For myself, it's a disappointment (caveat: HAVE NOT RODE IT YET) but that is just because the size of the area and premise of the IP caused me to build my own expectations differently. Plus, I didn't think that the Hollywood version was strong enough to engender a copycat ride in Florida.

Hopefully I'm not repeating someone else's thoughts. Perhaps Universal wants rides of equal quality on both coasts. If Orlando had F&F that was far superior to Hollywood that would be unfair and viewed as favoritism. Could this be a factor in their decision to duplicate F&F?

Hopefully I'm not repeating someone else's thoughts. Perhaps Universal wants rides of equal quality on both coasts. If Orlando had F&F that was far superior to Hollywood that would be unfair and viewed as favoritism. Could this be a factor in their decision to duplicate F&F?

If that was the case, Forbidden Journey wouldn't have 4KHD Projectors and Dementor Arm's for Hollywood and Osaka having 3D...

I wonder how many of the GP will notice the similarities to Kong. Or care.

i'm pretty curious about this myself.

After Horizons opened, 1983 EPCOT is, to me, the crown jewel of all theme parks ever. But FutureWorld was all dark rides.

i think that if the rides are done well, it does not matter to most people if the ride mechanics are similar. How many people complain about Transformers being to similar to Spidey? This ride is an exact duplicate, yet when i mention that to people they are still surprised to hear that!

i'm pretty curious about this myself.

After Horizons opened, 1983 EPCOT is, to me, the crown jewel of all theme parks ever. But FutureWorld was all dark rides.

i think that if the rides are done well, it does not matter to most people if the ride mechanics are similar. How many people complain about Transformers being to similar to Spidey? This ride is an exact duplicate, yet when i mention that to people they are still surprised to hear that!
A lot of people have already touched on the similarity between Transformers and Spiderman...Spiderman still remains the alpha....I don't think anyone is surprised that F&F is similar to Kong...baffled is a better term

A lot of people have already touched on the similarity between Transformers and Spiderman...Spiderman still remains the alpha....I don't think anyone is surprised that F&F is similar to Kong...baffled is a better term
It is not uncommon for theme park developers to utilize new ride systems in multiple attractions. PotC-IASW-Rio de Tempo, Omnimovers all over the place, Star Tours-Body Wars, Indy-Dinosaur!, Spidey-Transformers, MiB-CitH to name a few.

I don't have a problem with duplicating ride systems as long as the content is different enough. The main issue with Spidey-Transformers isn't the duplicated ride system. It is that all the tricks are the same.

Last edited:
I'm going to be really curious to how they build the story to justify the big ass 72 person vehicle. In Hollywood it makes sense because it's built into the studio tour itself. Kong had an easy out with a large expedition type vehicle approach.

But its fast and furious....I think this is a case where the ride system is not going to match the simulated experience.

A test track type of system is the obvious candidate unless you start talking coasters.

Reactions: Coasted
I'm going to be really curious to how they build the story to justify the big ass 72 person vehicle. In Hollywood it makes sense because it's built into the studio tour itself. Kong had an easy out with a large expedition type vehicle approach.

But its fast and furious....I think this is a case where the ride system is not going to match the simulated experience.

A test track type of system is the obvious candidate unless you start talking coasters.
"Everyone get on the bus now! This place is gonna blow!"

I've heard plenty people immediately reference Spidey upon exiting Transformers since it opened. Kong is fine and all but not exactly the ride you want to carbon copy next door.