Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 177 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's so bad that Universal have to build another 3D generic screen simulator excuse of a ride. Meanwhile, Disney plans to incorporate actual animatronics of droids and fighters as part of Galaxy's Edge's new ride involving the battle between the rebels and the Galantic Empire.

Last edited:
It's so bad that Universal have to build another 3D generic screen simulator excuse of a ride. Meanwhile, Disney plans to incorporate actual animatronics of droids and fighters as part of Galaxy's Edge's new ride involving the battle between the rebels and the Galantic Empire.

Here is an idea, what about we don't compare something that is getting a treatment similar to Reign of Kong to a billion dollar land?

If you want to make a better comparison, do Super Nintendo World and not Supercharged.

I sort of can't believe they're even bothering to still build this.

As it stands, there still is life for the franchise and that multiple films are in development.

There is more than enough reason to do it, although people will complain more of what it could've been and not give it an open opinion, that doesn't have any form of a bias.

Reactions: Andysol
Here is an idea, what about we don't compare something that is getting a treatment similar to Reign of Kong to a billion dollar land?

If you want to make a better comparison, do Super Nintendo World and not Supercharged.

I meant a new ride that Galaxy Edge is getting where the guests would partake in the fighting into the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance, not the whole land. At the D23 Expo, Disney said they will include animatronics of droids and a bunch of bad guys along in the ride with some screens to go along with the story, sorta like the advance version of Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster. And up until SNW, Universal has been devoted to 3D generic screen attractions, which is not as fun and immersive as you would be for practical effects, and generally seen as lazy. I'm not saying they shouldn't stop making them, but I count more screen rides at Universal Studios Hollywood and Florida than I account for practical rides like the Mummy, MiB, and ET. I don't want theme parks to set this kind of trend where screen simulator rides are an alternative.

As it stands, there still is life for the franchise and that multiple films are in development.

There is more than enough reason to do it, although people will complain more of what it could've been and not give it an open opinion, that doesn't have any form of a bias.

I assume it is only message board fans that are upset about a ride that hasn't opened. I am sure UOR had their reasons for their choice.

I sort of think this rides choice was more about the audience they hope to atract with the ride (isn't this franchise bigger outside of the US than its domestic success?

I assume it is only message board fans that are upset about a ride that hasn't opened. I am sure UOR had their reasons for their choice.

I sort of think this rides choice was more about the audience they hope to atract with the ride (isn't this franchise bigger outside of the US than its domestic success?
$5.137B worldwide to date and two more films in production is all the reason they need to build it. What is baffling is why build this and not something amazing?

$5.137B worldwide to date and two more films in production is all the reason they need to build it. What is baffling is why build this and not something amazing?
Exactly.

A F&F attraction is a no-brainer, but I almost would've rather them waited to design a ride that suits the IP better down on the south property, but it seems as if Universal wan't to strike while the iron is hot (although the domestic gross was way down for F8 vs. F7).

They're lucky that the Franchise keeps performing so well overseas.

Reactions: Clive and JPRA513

Well one is opening in a under a year and another is opening in years. I'm not a defender of this attraction but compares apples to apples.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well one is opening in a under a year and another is opening in years. I'm not a defender of this attraction but compares apples to apples.

Especially when you consider what the budget for one ride is versus the other. I feel certain that F&F will cost substantially less, although I have no proof to be certain.

I'm not going to lie and say that I'm excited about this ride. However, as a filler, it may be just what was needed. Fallon has turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I think that many of us (or just me) wanted something thrilling and awesome and set ourselves up for some disappointment.

I wouldn't say it won't be thrilling. I find Kong thrilling, but just not sure how that similar system will carry over to this.

Reactions: SkiBum