Favorite Houses of All Time | Inside Universal Forums

Favorite Houses of All Time

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oct 14, 2012
With the rumors and on-going announcements of this years house lineup, I realized (sadly) that original houses may be a thing of the past. That got me thinking about how great HHN can be when it's original, which got me curious as to everyone's favorite houses throughout the events history. I've only been going since 2007, so I'd especially love to hear from the veterans. Anyway I'd say my personal favorites (in no particular order) were:

Nightingales--sucker for the World Wars, but this one also packed a punch

Hades--some of the most intense run-throughout of any house were in this one, plus great costumes

Legendary Truth--loved the effects and creative scares

Friday the 13th--truly scared me to the point of being uncomfortable

Interstellar Terror--great theme and set design

Dead Exposure--so creative and terrifying

The In-Between--trippy and visually stunning

Zombiegeddon--loved the transition from campy and corny to chaotic and intense, plus the queue video

Silver Screams--just a solid and well-rounded house all around

Psychoscareapy Home for the Holidays--man what a well-themed macabre masterpiece.

Who else?

I would say

Psychoscareapy Home for the Holidays

Nightmare on Elm Street

The Hallow (Got a very memorable scare in this house)

Screamhouse in HHN 12
Psychoscarepy in HHN 13
Hellgate in HHN 14
Body Collectors in HHN 15
The Thing in HHN 17
Body Collectors 2 & Creatures in HHN 18
Leave it to Cleaver & Dracula in HHN 19
Catacombs and Havoc in HHN 20
Bloodengutz in HHN 21

HHN 11 - RUN
HHN 12 - Maximum Carnage
HHN 13 - Screamhouse Revisted
HHN 14 - Castle Vampyr
HHN 15 - Body Collectors
HHN 16 - Psycho Path: The Return of Norman Bates
HHN 17 - Dead Silence/Nightmare on Elm Street
HHN 18 - Scary Tales: Once Upon a Nightmare
HHN 20 - Catacombs

2008 - Dead Exposure (Body Collectors & Scary Tales III as very close seconds)
2009 - Dracula
2010 - Catacombs, I guess? Weak year for houses
2011 - So tough to decide, best year for houses in my attendance. Winter's Night, Bloodengutz, Nevermore or In-Between, take your pick
2012 - Dead End

2009 - Dracula
2011 - So tough to decide, best year for houses in my attendance. Winter's Night, Bloodengutz, Nevermore or In-Between, take your pick
2012 - Dead End

I like this list.
2009 Wolfman, like the out doors scenes.

I don't remember all the Years but some of my favorites
Hotel Hell
Scary tales (original)
All Night Die Inn
ScreamHouse
Ghost Town House ( forgot the real name but was the western one)
Dead Silence
SS Frightanic(Best entrance of any haunt period)
Castle Vampyre
Hellgate Prison
Run Hostile Territory
The Hallow
The Wolfman
ZombieGeddon
Hr Bloodngutz
Dead End

I like this list.
2009 Wolfman, like the out doors scenes.

Wolfman did nail the outdoor scenes, I loved the forest and the canyon near the house's finale. That house had some awesome show scenes too (the transformation was my fave). 2009 was another strong year for houses... really IMO all of them were good to stellar except for Spawning... and even then, Spawning was really intense the first weekend before becoming terrible afterwards.

2009 - Dracula
2012 - Dead End

2011 was a strong year, and I ultimately made by decision by remember which house I wanted to do over and over.

Can't remember all the years but I always thought these houses stood out from the rest:

RUN (2001)
Original Screamhouse
All-Nite Die In
Ghost Town
Scary Tales 3
Dead End

2011 was a strong year, and I ultimately made by decision by remember which house I wanted to do over and over.

See, I tried to think of it that way... but I enjoyed marathon runs on each of those houses listed for different reasons. In-Between was easily the most startling/scary on repeat runs due to the disorienting nature of the sets/costumes, plus the actors having plenty of options on where to appear... it was fairly unpredictable, a rarity in HHN these days. I loved repeating Bloodengutz to enjoy the lovely sets, but also the great interactions with the casts (seriously, two A+ casts)... Winter's Night was the spookiest/most chilling (heh) of any of the houses, IMO, and for the most part it was extremely well designed... and Nevermore just became a personal favorite due to the subject matter, intensity, and smart scares.

It's so tough. So many "A" grade houses that year, and that isn't even meant to discount Nightingales, Forsaken, or Saws 'n' Steam, which IMO were all "B+/A-" houses... only The Thing disappointed, even then it was still around "B-" quality.

Dead Silence
Nightmare on Elm Street
Scary Tales: Once Upon a Nightmare
The Saw house - only because of the last room - I have a horrible fear of those pig face things
The Legendary Truth house - I think this was in 2011 - we didn't attend last year

Last edited:
The entrance was the front of the Frightantic( really big entrance) Now back in those days the Soundstage was divide to 2 houses the First was Carnage Crew and Fear in First Class but they stayed with the Frightanic theme. The Hull had water coming down each side and a skeleton Jack and Rose in the famous King of the World Pose on the front of the the ship. Some where there has to be a picture online.

The entrance was the front of the Frightantic( really big entrance) Now back in those days the Soundstage was divide to 2 houses the First was Carnage Crew and Fear in First Class but they stayed with the Frightanic theme. The Hull had water coming down each side and a skeleton Jack and Rose in the famous King of the World Pose on the front of the the ship. Some where there has to be a picture online.

I think Aiello or Roddy had a personal picture of them posing at the facade... pretty sure it has sentimental value to Aiello, hence its appearance in the 2010 "Hallow'd Past" house. It's not the most flattering image (I didn't notice the waterfalls you're describing), but it did look pretty neat.

I think Aiello or Roddy had a personal picture of them posing at the facade... pretty sure it has sentimental value to Aiello, hence its appearance in the 2010 "Hallow'd Past" house. It's not the most flattering image (I didn't notice the waterfalls you're describing), but it did look pretty neat.

ssfright_zps44151edb.png