Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

FotLK Move

Jul 14, 2010
A poster over on WDWmagic is reporting that walls have gone up on the bridge leading into Harambe. Obviously this would be to block the view of construction. No pictures online yet.

Looks like Mickey & Minnie are getting a new M&G spot too.

Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse are scheduled to welcome Disney’s Animal Kingdom guests to their new exploration headquarters, Adventurers Outpost, on Discovery Island, beginning this spring. The all-new indoor retreat is the perfect spot for guests to meet the globetrotting duo as they get ready to set off on their next adventure.

Looks like Mickey & Minnie are getting a new M&G spot too.

Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse are scheduled to welcome Disney’s Animal Kingdom guests to their new exploration headquarters, Adventurers Outpost, on Discovery Island, beginning this spring. The all-new indoor retreat is the perfect spot for guests to meet the globetrotting duo as they get ready to set off on their next adventure.

It's actually open. From what I understand it's got a cohesive theme and lots of props to look at while waiting.

Festival Of The Lion King Moving Location

It was announced today on Disney Parks Blog that the show Festival of the Lion King will be moving to the Africa section of the park! I think this is great news and also makes me start to wonder about Avatar land! Where abouts in Africa do you think the show is going to go?

Today, I’m excited to tell you “Festival of the Lion King” will soon be moving to an all-new theater, bringing the “tribal celebration” home fittingly to the Africa section of the park, where Disney’s Animal Kingdom guests will be able to continue enjoying the show for years to come.

The new “Festival of the Lion King” theater is set to open in 2014.
From Disney Parks Blog

Ahh so it is! I totally forgot. There was probably something said about it in the Avatar land thread! Thanks for letting me know! It is a great spot to have it anyway! And yea I would love to see some pics of how its coming a long! Do we have any idea of when it will open? Seeing as its Disney I am presuming the second half of the year? Hehe

Yes, it is one of my favorite shows in Disney and my daughter loves it. My son also liked it very much.

The characters are so personable too, I remember the first time we went the one came up to my kids when they were not doing anything and shook their hands, waved hi, etc. My kids were only a little over 1 at the time, so it was awesome that they got to meet them up close like that.

That may be your opinion, but the overall opinion of the attraction is a positive one so....
So....what? Are you implying that my opinion is wrong because I don't agree with the majority? I personally don't find ethnic stereotyping (the 4 singers playing folksy, jolly Africans) or parade floats stuck in a building entertaining, and neither does my son (who otherwise loves LK). I was aghast the first time we saw it and the shorter, heavier woman was the one stuck making the warthog sounds.

It's LK and the only thing to do (currently) in that corner of the park, of course it's going to be popular. While I doubt they would consider the investment, I would love them to redo the show to be a condensed version of the Broadway show, which is my favorite behind Rent and Les Mis. Might be redundant w/ Finding Memo, but I think it would step up the cultural value of the show infinitely.

^ Geeez guy... it's Walt Disney World, the whole damn place is one big stereotype after another. That is why people like to vacation there, as they are not forced to discern nuanced ideas.

I would like to remind everyone that Cast Members and Team Members read these boards and take great offense sometimes with the negative comments.

And we call the show FOLK! One word just like its spelled. No FOTLK not LK. Just Folk.

I would like to remind everyone that Cast Members and Team Members read these boards and take great offense sometimes with the negative comments.

And we call the show FOLK! One word just like its spelled. No FOTLK not LK. Just Folk.

hey DRL do you know of any set time table in terms of "FOLK" and when it will be moving or temporarily closing? other than 2014

thanks

So....what? Are you implying that my opinion is wrong because I don't agree with the majority? I personally don't find ethnic stereotyping (the 4 singers playing folksy, jolly Africans) or parade floats stuck in a building entertaining, and neither does my son (who otherwise loves LK). I was aghast the first time we saw it and the shorter, heavier woman was the one stuck making the warthog sounds.

It's LK and the only thing to do (currently) in that corner of the park, of course it's going to be popular. While I doubt they would consider the investment, I would love them to redo the show to be a condensed version of the Broadway show, which is my favorite behind Rent and Les Mis. Might be redundant w/ Finding Memo, but I think it would step up the cultural value of the show infinitely.

You must love Splash Mountain then lol