Free Guy 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Free Guy 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The first free guy was based on an almost 10 year old script....which had gone through revisions numerous times.
ummmm.... scripts that sit on shelves for an extended period of time and go through numerous rewrites normally end up being bad movies, so i'm very unsure what your point is here.

I doubt the sequel will be as good as the first film.
I mean, most video game-adjacent movies aren't good. The first film hit the right spot by actually appealing to gamers in their own language. I think a sequel can be just as good. Guy and all of his NPC friends left off on a place that can be picked up from, but more importantly, I think where the movie is going to pick up from is the real world with Millie & Keys, which will obviously dictate what happens in the game.

With Ryan Reynolds in the starring role, all he's gotta keep doing is play that same Ryan Reynolds character seen in a ton of movies which I tire of in certain movies (ahem... 6 Underground), but he also does an insane amount of improv acting, which winds up being better than what's on paper.