Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

and "Cup of Coffee" star Brendan Frasier trades Universal for Disney....at least for a few nights. Fraser will be the Guest Narrator at Epcot's Festival of Holidays on Dec. 9-11. Will holiday hot chocolate replace the famous cup of coffee. Stay tuned. ;) :) As he sings the classic Xmas carol, "Where's my marshmallows"

Last edited:
Hopefully they take the opportunity to fix the timing of the scenes, they’ve been just so slightlyyyyy off last few times I’ve ridden.
For me it was the dispatch timing. We were way too close to the vehicle in front of us. We reached the treasure room only to find the cart in front of us stopped and going through the scene. We were stopped behind the cart and watched them experience the entire scene before we watched it reset and we could go through. During the scene, I looked back and saw the cart behind us stopped and waiting for us the same way. This happened again in the Scarab scene, again at the false unload, and again at the coffee scene. It really took my whole group out of the experience

Hopefully they take the opportunity to fix the timing of the scenes, they’ve been just so slightlyyyyy off last few times I’ve ridden.
The timing on this ride has been off since they did the 9-month long "brain transplant" back in 2022 where the computer systems were replaced. Somehow in those 9 months they still couldn't manage to replicate the ride experience. The launch is now noticeably slower to me as well. Still blows my mind they closed this ride for 3/4th of a year and it's worse than it was in 2004. They also removed the physical scarabs in those 9 months.

Tired Tv Land GIF by TV Land Classic

#Screenz doesn't always have to be a negative change.

I agree. I actually like screens when done well, and don't understand the hate for them. The only issue is when too many of the attractions in a park have very redundant features. A hybrid of screens, physical layouts, and a few AA's is generally a good formula.
I think having digital mapping of scarabs would greatly improve the scene. That's what I was hoping they would do during the refurb.