Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We wondered this about Hulk, but that stayed the same didnt it?

I knew the Hulk was track related, but the Mummy's track still feel's like new which is why I bring the launch tech up. That's the only thing I see being changed out since the timeframe doesn't feel like a lot of time to change out track (at least for the entire thing).

Just rode and the launch sounded like it wasn’t in the best shape, but then again my car was rattling like crazy, so just might’ve been that my wheels needed to be replaced or something. Either that or the track pieces for the roller coaster segments aren’t in great shape cause it was shaaaaky. The first dark ride segments were smooth like butter.

I’ll ride again later to compare though.

Just rode and the launch sounded like it wasn’t in the best shape, but then again my car was rattling like crazy, so just might’ve been that my wheels needed to be replaced or something. Either that or the track pieces for the roller coaster segments aren’t in great shape cause it was shaaaaky. The first dark ride segments were smooth like butter.

I’ll ride again later to compare though.
I didn't have any rattling issues when I went on Wednesday, but most of the effects in the first half of the ride were down (no Imhotep AA, no fire and several mummies missing in the treasure room)

Reactions: Clive
Honestly I'd be happy as long as the Imhotep animatronic and fire effects in the treasure room are restored, though I'm all for any track work that will extend the life of the attraction. I'm glad to see Universal is giving this ride some love, it definitely needs it.

I didn't have any rattling issues when I went on Wednesday, but most of the effects in the first half of the ride were down (no Imhotep AA, no fire and several mummies missing in the treasure room)

It was looking pretty rough last weekend, too. Imhotep AA only came out once, no fire in the treasure room, and the warrior mummies were always wonky. (Sometimes they were stuck in the "up" position, sometimes only a handful would spring up, sometimes none of them would. And whatever happened to their weapons? They all look like they got chopped off...)

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
All of those effects worked perfectly for me.

Didn’t get a second ride today as it was down for awhile. Oh well, I’ll be back soon enough.

EDIT: I don’t know how many mummies were in treasure room. Was too busy looking at King Kong statue. But there was fire.

All of those effects worked perfectly for me.

Didn’t get a second ride today as it was down for awhile. Oh well, I’ll be back soon enough.

EDIT: I don’t know how many mummies were in treasure room. Was too busy looking at King Kong statue. But there was fire.
While I think it’s been settled it’d be good to hear a report before refurb if there’s any leg tickling or not....

IF there's some new final button, I'm not inherently against this change (as much as I enjoy the non sequitur nature of what's currently there).

If they just have a black, turned-off screen at the end, I'd prefer they stick with what the ending currently is.

Last edited:

IF there's some new final button, I'm not inherently against this change (as much as I enjoy the non sequitur nature of what's currently there).

If they just have a black, turned-off screen at the end, I'd prefer they stick with what the ending currently is.
After reading the article, it doesn’t look like there’s any source of the “rumor,” just baseless speculation from the author. I would definitely take it with a grain of salt.

• Haha
Reactions: tommyhawkins
After reading the article, it doesn’t look like there’s any source of the “rumor,” just baseless speculation from the author. I would definitely take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah reminds of that time she posted exactly everything that was going to happen on Hagrid's, Rise of the Resistance oh and now I think of it SNW too....none of the times she posted her sources either!!!

I will stick to getting my info from Rix Flix YouTube videos in the future. Cos he always says he talked to someone and they told him. You know what ...that's good enough for me!!

Ok enough dog piling y’all.

I’m fine with the change as it doesn’t make sense now and is just crusty and confusing. The core of the attraction can remain the same as they shuffle some small things around to make it more clear.

Stupidity starting to sink in
Not sure I understand this reply?

And I’m not sure why everyone wants to know the source lately. It’s a rumor going around, so I decided to explain the possible rationale behind it. As far as I can tell, this article is the first time it’s been talked about publicly.

But I’m definitely not the only one that’s heard it.

Not sure I understand this reply?

And I’m not sure why everyone wants to know the source lately. It’s a rumor going around, so I decided to explain the possible rationale behind it. As far as I can tell, this article is the first time it’s been talked about publicly.

But I’m definitely not the only one that’s heard it.

Meaning my stupidity lol