Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

Could they have not retrofitted/tweaked the original idea to be used with some other ride system?

The drop in ambition level from "trackless dark ride through various -- I assume mostly physical? -- vignettes" to "have people walk/stand through Midway Mania corridors" is fairly pronounced. It seems like there should have been a middle ground in there somewhere.
Pretty sure the trackless ride was primarily screen based

Just reviewed my notes SLOP. The first July 2015 concept was packed with AA's. In fact, it opened with a huge AA bird lunging at the trackless vehicles. Most every scene was mostly practical sets & effects with AA's.
One vehicle had the star animals on board it's own vehicle and it interacted and looped with the other trackless vehicles in a large room to start the main part of the chase

Last edited:
Just reviewed my notes. The first July 2015 concept was packed with AA's. In fact, it opened with a huge AA bird lunging at the trackless vehicles. Most every scene was mostly practical sets & effects with AA's.
One vehicle had the star animals on board it's own vehicle and it interacted and looped with the other trackless vehicles in a large room to start the main part of the chase
Talking about Villain Con, not Pets.

tumblr_o26dntKtpM1tz8mito1_400.gif

I assumed the more "open air" concept for the various display stands would have necessitated a heavily-physical approach.

Or at minimum, have more built "for real" than the walkthrough sounds poised to have (if the article posted earlier is an accurate reflection of the plan).

If they're going for an easy-build walkthrough, it is somewhat surprising that they're going with Minions instead of a newer IP like Trolls. Any clue if they're going to do major exterior modifications like Minion Mayhem? @Alicia

If they're going for an easy-build walkthrough, it is somewhat surprising that they're going with Minions instead of a newer IP like Trolls. Any clue if they're going to do major exterior modifications like Minion Mayhem? @Alicia
I mean Minions is still “new“ and far more popular than Trolls, plus Minions 2 comes out this summer. Those movies make billions, making it a Minion themed attraction to me is the last question here when there are so many questions.

The existing ride is based on Despicable Me. This new attraction is based on the Minions movies. Technically different, but related enough to be across the street from one another?

The Minions sequel comes out next year, and it is expected to pick up exactly where the first one left off… at Villain-Con!

They could do a lot with the Minion facades, helping to make the park entrance a bit better. The Shrek facade was pretty much just a big box building, not very appealing, and
primarily a throwback to the old studio production lot look.

I'm guessing there won't be any retheming of the area included in this since it seems so temporary

A minions area definitely feels needed at USF