Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Godzilla coming to USJ

May 14, 2014
Seoul, Korea
Godzilla is coming to life in the form of a new 4D theme park attraction at Universal Studios Japan.

The Osaka-based resort announced Monday it plans to open Godzilla: The Real 4D, a multi-sensory experience based on the hit franchise, early next year.

While an English version of the announcement was not immediately available, Universal Studios Japan’s official Facebook page indicates Godzilla: The Real 4D marks the first time the iconic character has appeared in a major theme park attraction. The post also notes the attraction will allow visitors to “confront fear and despair” as they come face-to-face with the giant monster.

Universal Studios Japan announces Godzilla attraction | EW.com

Godzilla is coming to life in the form of a new 4D theme park attraction at Universal Studios Japan.

The Osaka-based resort announced Monday it plans to open Godzilla: The Real 4D, a multi-sensory experience based on the hit franchise, early next year.

While an English version of the announcement was not immediately available, Universal Studios Japan’s official Facebook page indicates Godzilla: The Real 4D marks the first time the iconic character has appeared in a major theme park attraction. The post also notes the attraction will allow visitors to “confront fear and despair” as they come face-to-face with the giant monster.

Universal Studios Japan announces Godzilla attraction | EW.com

I wonder what this means for the States.. could the crowd begging to get a Godzilla versus Kong or just these monsters at the same place actually come to fruit?

Here's to hoping it does!

Sounds like Reign of Kong re-themed, but opening early next year? Hmmm gotta be something else then, unless the construction has already started a while ago.

It's just a 3-D movie in the theater they've been rotating the "Universal Cool" stuff into. The last thing there was the Attack on Titan one, I think.

Still, it's nice to know Universal Parks and Resorts is in discussion with Toho.

Yeah, everybody keeps going nuts but nobody is reading into it. It's just your standard 4D movie theater attraction.

It more so means UNiversal is talking to companies who could let say later give them rights to bigger things. USJ treatment of IPs probably is the biggest reason we got Nintendo along with the proposals

It more so means UNiversal is talking to companies who could let say later give them rights to bigger things. USJ treatment of IPs probably is the biggest reason we got Nintendo along with the proposals

Yes, but I mean in regards to the actual attraction being produced

This whole godzilla to USF thing has been tossed around alot. But now with this announcement any small chance this could be brought to life here but as a diff attraction? Side note doesnt comcast now control USJ?

So, they get Nintendo and this might as well be their Kong. Yep, 2020 can't get here fast enough.
This whole godzilla to USF thing has been tossed around alot. But now with this announcement any small chance this could be brought to life here but as a diff attraction? Side note doesnt comcast now control USJ?

Yes, and they killed the Okinawa project.

Yes, but I mean in regards to the actual attraction being produced

USJ is different than USO and USH as they start small with all IPs such as Biohazard and One Piece however when guest satisfaction rates came and they were well liked, they kept expanding and growing whenever those IPs came back which is why Biohazard gets a 4 story haunted attraction that takes an hour to walk through which is way different from where it started and one piece pretty much takes over half the park with overlays and an hour and 30 minute show which it use to be just the show which only ran 30 minutes.

If this is popular, USJ management will push for a larger scale attraction next year

Isn't everything at USJ popular though? :lol: They need to EXPAND and Godzilla would be a great IP for a Universal-style new attraction.

Also, I know it'd be based on the newer Legendary film, but am I the only one who finds the '98 one to be a guilty pleasure?

For the comic con panel previewing the then new 2014 godzilla they had a fan experience that put you in a top floor of a high rise with godzilla passing by the window. Would make for a cool queue element.

this is really great! Godzilla is an iconic creature, and having him in a Universal Park is nice! However, is this just going to be a theatre attraction that is 4D, or is it going to be more along the lines of something such as Spiderman where it's a ride as well? I think having the creature in a Universal park is good none-the-less, but it would be really cool to have a ride instead of a show.

this is really great! Godzilla is an iconic creature, and having him in a Universal Park is nice! However, is this just going to be a theatre attraction that is 4D, or is it going to be more along the lines of something such as Spiderman where it's a ride as well? I think having the creature in a Universal park is good none-the-less, but it would be really cool to have a ride instead of a show.

This is being handled, much similar to what Universal Cool has offered for Attack on Titan and Evangelion; which are 4D attractions much like Shrek..