Grand Avenue & Muppet Courtyard | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Grand Avenue & Muppet Courtyard

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A-ha, the "quaint brick building". I wonder what signage will go on blank diagonal bricks between the windows
I suspect the signage for the fine drinking establishment inside :p:cheers:

I wonder if there is any plans to theme the side of Sci-Fi Dine in because that building sticks out like a sore thumb next to that brick building and DHS is supposedly dropping the Studio theme once SW:GE opens so there won't even be an excuse to be lazy when it comes to the show buildings anymore.

Reactions: Coasted
I suspect the signage for the fine drinking establishment inside :p:cheers:

I wonder if there is any plans to theme the side of Sci-Fi Dine in because that building sticks out like a sore thumb next to that brick building and DHS is supposedly dropping the Studio theme once SW:GE opens so there won't even be an excuse to be lazy when it comes to the show buildings anymore.
It appears that that transition is finished, and it looks like the Sci-fi's sad facade stays for now.

Sci-Fi-Dine-In-Theater_2.jpg

Quick update:

And an observation:

Looks like just about all of the building is revealed now. You can even see the new wall built for this project to cover the giant whole between the facades and the Tap house in this pic:
DGpMBpOUQAQKwDQ.jpg

Hopefully they paint a giant mural or something on that wall.... it's begging for something to be painted on there to make it "pop" a bit.

Reactions: Alicia
New photos from BlogMickey:
PHOTOS: Grand Avenue Road and Trees Progress (August 2017) - Blog Mickey

Trees added and road almost finished being paved:
grand-avenue-08152017-1.jpg

The low brick walls on the left is part of the entryway to Muppet Courtyard:
grand-avenue-08152017-4.jpg

And a mysterious swinging gate (almost looks like a parade gate):
grand-avenue-08152017-5.jpg

Jim Hill is saying that the Muppets could be coming to this area.

Skip to about 36min 50secs.

I've heard the same rumors, but Martin says that this is the last place they would want a show due to the high crowd volume to be in this area.

I'd love a show like there is in MK to come to DHS, but it just doesn't seem practical. Something they could easily do though is move the Muppet Mobile Labs from Epcot over to DHS and it could do it's thing in Muppet Courtyard.

Last edited:
New photos from BlogMickey:
PHOTOS: Grand Avenue Road and Trees Progress (August 2017) - Blog Mickey

Trees added and road almost finished being paved:
grand-avenue-08152017-1.jpg

The low brick walls on the left is part of the entryway to Muppet Courtyard:
grand-avenue-08152017-4.jpg

And a mysterious swinging gate (almost looks like a parade gate):
grand-avenue-08152017-5.jpg

I've heard the same rumors, but Martin says that this is the last place they would want a show due to the high crowd volume to be in this area. I'd love a show like there is in MK to come to DHS, but it just doesn't seem practical.

The way it was described was to provide entertainment to people queuing up to get into Star Wars which would be the reason for the volume of traffic there any way. It would be a nice touch if it happens but I've noticed that Jim Hill is starting to deliver his 'info' a little differently now. Before it was stated as fact, now he's using words like maybe, could or possibly.

I'm digging the Mickey construction walls.

Reactions: tankart150
It tickles me that before ever seeing a photo of Jim Hill, I could picture exactly what he looked like. Len Testa doesn't look anything like I'd imagine. Weirdly, one of my good friend who's basically your stereotypical 7ft Scot has an identical laugh to Jim Hill.
Does your Scottish friend tell a lot of tall tales too.?:):lol: