Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Grand Avenue & Muppet Courtyard

Never noticed those big Miss Piggy eyes before! Wonder if they'll paint over them?IMG_8620.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_8619.PNG
    IMG_8619.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 1
Disney is preparing for Irma's impact and with that we have a clearer view of Grand Ave. from Blog Mickey:

grand-ave-hurricane-prep-2-09072017-5.jpg

grand-ave-hurricane-prep-2-09072017-4.jpg

grand-ave-hurricane-prep-2-09072017-10.jpg

grand-ave-hurricane-prep-2-09072017-9.jpg

BREAKING: Grand Avenue Unveiled as Disney Prepares for Hurricane Irma - Blog Mickey

It certainly has a more open feel. That area always sort of felt a little claustrophobic.
That's because not only were there facade's on the left side of the street, but there were flats in the location roughly of where those pics were taken from. This is definitely much more inviting.

Mixed feelings on what I'm seeing here so far. I think it's definitely an improvement from what was previously here...but it's also kind of generic looking so far? Would have liked it to lean a bit more into the Muppets or another theme rather than just being a city street.

Still, a definite improvement

Mixed feelings on what I'm seeing here so far. I think it's definitely an improvement from what was previously here...but it's also kind of generic looking so far? Would have liked it to lean a bit more into the Muppets or another theme rather than just being a city street.

Still, a definite improvement
You have to remember that Grand Avenue is simply meant to be queue space to enter SW:GE for about the first year of operation or so (and whenever needed afterwards).

You have to remember that Grand Avenue is simply meant to be queue space to enter SW:GE for about the first year of operation or so (and whenever needed afterwards).
Grain of salt, but Jim Hill has said that Grand Avenue is supposed to be home to some kind of Muppets show to entertain the crowds waiting to get into Star Wars Land.

That's a cop out, IMO. Even if it starts off life as that, I think there should be a defined plan for what comes after. Again, it's not a bad looking area...it's just a boring one.

That's a cop out, IMO. Even if it starts off life as that, I think there should be a defined plan for what comes after. Again, it's not a bad looking area...it's just a boring one.
I agree with your point that it looks very generic (albeit very pleasant at the same time).

I think the real reason you don't see any true Muppet integration in this is because I have doubts that the Muppets will remain long term. It seems pretty obvious to me that they are setting things up so they can remove the Muppets practically overnight if they wanted to.

Grain of salt, but Jim Hill has said that Grand Avenue is supposed to be home to some kind of Muppets show to entertain the crowds waiting to get into Star Wars Land.
I'd expect something similar to "Great Moment in American History" at MK, where the show is performed from the windows of the buildings around you.

I agree with your point that it looks very generic (albeit very pleasant at the same time).

I think the real reason you don't see any true Muppet integration in this is because I have doubts that the Muppets will remain long term. It seems pretty obvious to me that they are setting things up so they can remove the Muppets practically overnight if they wanted to.

Sadly you're probably right.

I wish Disney would just cut the Muppets loose. They've never been able to do anything of worth with them.

Unfortunately.

I really enjoyed the 2011 movie, but that was more because of Jason Segal's doing than anything. Muppet's Most Wanted was pretty weak and the TV Show failed though.
The 2011 movie was absolutely amazing. It's a shame that Disney didn't parlay that into a real comeback for the Muppets. Everything else has been really weak.