Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

Classic Epcot fans loose their minds when the ride opens and features complete re-creations of select scenes from Horizons, World of Motion, Food Rocks and Imagination.

Our heroes can be chased through iconic scenes, kinda like this insane sequence from Rick and Morty, except ya know, through Epcot, and not like, other dimensions:

Sorry, I've been watching a lot of Rick and Morty lately.

I think people forget how awful Epcot was when it first opened...

waitwhat.gif

A little too meta, but I would take that over a storyline with no discernible Epcot connection.

From what I understand without having ridden it, Mission: Breakout does have some meta references about being in Disneyland. Not sure if it's in every ride profile so it seems like they may do something similar here.

While I certainly don't think EPCOT Center was awful by any means, I do think it gets overly romanticized quite a bit though.

While I certainly don't think EPCOT Center was awful by any means, I do think it gets overly romanticized quite a bit though.

Impossible!

But seriously, I think some of that romanticizing is a result of so much of the original EPCOT no longer being around, replaced by inferior - if perhaps still fun - attractions. So you may have a (slightly) valid point. That doesn't change the fact that the Epcot of my early youth (the first few years of the 1990s) was the greatest theme park I've ever set foot in.

You can be snarky.. but Horizon and World of Motion were extremely reliable and had among the highest capacities of any attraction ever built. 3000 an hour.

Agreed. If we went by "wait times", Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion (pre-FP+) needed replaced because they were frequently walk-ons. High capacity will result in low wait time. That is the best part of high-capacity rides.

That is also why I wonder about the capacity of the new GoTG ride.

What is the current rumor on the ride system for this one now that the SFX Coaster has been shot down. I haven't been keeping up recently.
While you're on the subject of coasters. One of your fav parks, Kennywood, is celebrating the 90th anniversary of their Racers wooden coaster. Some coasters never get old.

While you're on the subject of coasters. One of your fav parks, Kennywood, is celebrating the 90th anniversary of their Racers wooden coaster. Some coasters never get old.
The Racer is a high point in John Miller and PTC's history. It is one of the last single track Mobius loop coasters left in the world.