Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - Reviews, Media, & Spoilers | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - Reviews, Media, & Spoilers

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 15, 2012
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind reviews, media, and spoilers are out in the wild. This thread is for discussion of ALL aspects of the attraction, from detailed spoilers and reviews to attraction photos and POVs. SPOILERS WILL OCCUR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the POV. Looks good.

That first preshow was totally was kinda boring and long. The second preshow with the teleporter was pretty neat, despite taking a play from Poseidon's Fury's book.

Kinda hard to judge the ride since it's a roller coaster in the dark, but I'm curious to see how the star effects compare to Space Mountain.

I'd say this will be a much-needed thrill ride for Epcot. Looks really fun, but I don't know if it was worth the five year wait. Look forward to hopefully riding in September. I need this credit.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
So considering I probably won't be on this thing until 2025 at the earliest?

Looks fun--looks like something the park needs. Honestly really curious to see what happens when lights-on pov's occur, to see how the coaster cars rotate to the positions to follow the screen based media.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Watched the POV. Looks good.

That first preshow was totally was kinda boring and long. The second preshow with the teleporter was pretty neat, despite taking a play from Poseidon's Fury's book.

Kinda hard to judge the ride since it's a roller coaster in the dark, but I'm curious to see how the star effects compare to Space Mountain.

I'd say this will be a much-needed thrill ride for Epcot. Looks really fun, but I don't know if it was worth the five year wait. Look forward to hopefully riding in September. I need this credit.
Actually the presto-chango room (Landmark's name for it) was done even earlier at The star Trek experience in Vegas.

Watched some video's of it looks fun. Reminds me of Space mountain 2.0

Would not be surprised if in a few years other Space mountains get version of this like ghost galaxy and star wars, not saying it will happen but wont be surprised if it does. It would be quick and easy to do and get you lots of crowds and some merch to sell.

The ride like I said seem fun and think people will love it.....but its not Pirates or ROTS or even Cars Racers. Its a cool ride and but not E Ticket Plus or whatever we want to call the rides coming out with all the best new tech. Its a fun ride that will have long lines so Disney im sure will be happy with it

Watched some video's of it looks fun. Reminds me of Space mountain 2.0

Would not be surprised if in a few years other Space mountains get version of this like ghost galaxy and star wars, not saying it will happen but wont be surprised if it does. It would be quick and easy to do and get you lots of crowds and some merch to sell.

The ride like I said seem fun and think people will love it.....but its not Pirates or ROTS or even Cars Racers. Its a cool ride and but not E Ticket Plus or whatever we want to call the rides coming out with all the best new tech. Its a fun ride that will have long lines so Disney im sure will be happy with it
SM needs to undergo a complete retheme/redo....but I feel like the investments will be nill post-Tron

Reactions: frank_1991_
Looks great, I’d still take Mission Breakout for more character but it looks awesome for what it is. Did the lady in the pre-show give anyone else alien encounter vibes? I was also hoping for more Easter eggs. Disney hyped up the queue Easter eggs so I was expecting something mission breakout level but it seems like we just have some logos and starlord’s line about the Epcot defunct rides. Overall looks great. Reminds me of Disneyland’s space mountain but with a launch. The slow ascent through the red-lit tunnels and the break run really seem to take inspiration from SM. Definitely a win for EPCOT though!

8/10 for me, the downsides for me are the cheese of the preshow (good storyline but tiresome to get through) and the fact that the extended queue is a masking tape path in the scorching sun. It's ridiculous that a $4XX million project doesn't have a shade structure/fans outside the 60-75 minutes of interior queue. I know people have feelings about Virtual Queue but I'll take it over baking outside.

Ops also needs a kick in the pants given the fact that this thing has been hosting CMs for weeks. Nonsensical grouping, like how do you get yourself into a position where you need two parties of two and pass a party of four?

Definitely a blast of a ride though - it's what a properly redone Space Mountain should have been.

The ride itself is short (without the preshow buildup), I found the projections on the ride to be lacking (poor quality), and if you look too closely at a lot of the physical details around the ride (in the station area) it's not much better than one of the Six Flags (Time Warner era) Batman coasters with very cheap and flimsy looking fiberglass beams and theming pieces. It's not a bad ride, and very much needed in Disney and in Epcot specifically, just not "all that" like so many of the early riders are making it out to be...

According to RCDB the guardians track length is 5,577.4 ft where as Mummy is 2,200 Feet. So you must think the Mummy is really short. For perspective Iron Gwazi is 4,075.0 ft.
The ride itself is short (without the preshow buildup), I found the projections on the ride to be lacking (poor quality), and if you look too closely at a lot of the physical details around the ride (in the station area) it's not much better than one of the Six Flags (Time Warner era) Batman coasters with very cheap and flimsy looking fiberglass beams and theming pieces. It's not a bad ride, and very much needed in Disney and in Epcot specifically, just not "all that" like so many of the early riders are making it out to be...

According to RCDB the guardians track length is 5,577.4 ft where as Mummy is 2,200 Feet. So you must think the Mummy is really short. For perspective Iron Gwazi is 4,075.0 ft.

5577 ft of track taken up by dual load and unload. TTD has 2800 ft of track and travels it all much quicker than Mummy. Weird how that works!

Reactions: imagin78
5577 ft of track taken up by dual load and unload. TTD has 2800 ft of track and travels it all much quicker than Mummy. Weird how that works!
So if the track length counts the duel loading and unloading, that means that if you manage to go on both loading lanes, that counts as two credits….right? LOL

You’re implying the station is 3,377 feet long? :lol:

Mummy also has dual load and unload btw. Can we at least pretend to give the thing a fair chance fellas?

Reactions: youhow2 and alomar
I was comparing two indoor coasters. Bringing up top thrill dragster is kinda silly. The fact remains that Guardians is the longest indoor rollercoaster. So how is it a short ride?

Reactions: OrlandoGuy