Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

I wasn’t hoping for anything crazy. I thought a more suped up version of something like Hyperspace mountain would’ve been a decent expectation but I guess not.
This is exactly what I'm expecting

With the addition of some fun laser/projection effects on scrims to make you feel like you're in space.

Since the action is based on the jump portals scene in GotG 2, and rumored to go back to the big bang, I expect to zoom in and out of a few scenes through those octagon portal things showing different points in time.

This is very helpful and really puts into perspective what they’re working on. So the gravity building will consist of multiple portals that you spin through. That’s way better than what I was expecting. Now I’m excited.

This is very helpful and really puts into perspective what they’re working on. So the gravity building will consist of multiple portals that you spin through. That’s way better than what I was expecting. Now I’m excited.
It's honestly a perfectly fine concept

Jump to different point in time, show formation of galaxies and stars

Jump to different point in time, show formation of planets

Jump to different point in time, get caught in a black hole

All with audio clips from the characters and 80s music playing

I do have to wonder what the narrative of the ride will be tho

That means they must have all the show elements inside the building done right? If they're going to be testing the vehicle on the track, everything's going to have to be installed for proper clearance testing.

Not necessarily. With the trains being able to rotate, you can have sets and screens that will be far out of reach.

Wait, the ride is gonna be in French??? Why?
Well, not entirely in French...hold up let me find the timestamp, I will edit it in later.

EDIT: Discussion of language starts at about 43:47. The jist is that all the lines from the WDSP version of the ride are retained, so French stays French and English stays English. He gives a justification but it puts the ride out of step with other attractions in World Showcase.

Well, not entirely in French...hold up let me find the timestamp, I will edit it in later.

EDIT: Discussion of language starts at about 43:47. The jist is that all the lines from the WDSP version of the ride are retained, so French stays French and English stays English. He gives a justification but it puts the ride out of step with other attractions in World Showcase.

This is going to go over like a lead balloon with the public.

Anyway back onto GOTG... Howe is doing god's work.

Considering what I know of the queue to be, i'm not convinced that those set pieces are actually for the ride until I see it in person.
It's the magic of possibility

meaning the magic of something that may or may not happen

so joke's on you it's magical either way by default

@Disneyhead mentioned the way MCU stylizes its hyperspace portals and how those are going to be the driving force behind the ride’s visuals and story. I’m not sure how the time factor is going to play into those. In the MCU, the universe is all connected by a neural teleportation network and this is how they’re able to jump around to wherever. It’s most prominently featured in GOTGv2, Cap. Marvel, and Endgame. It looks like a hexagon within a larger honeycomb-like section. But I’m pretty sure they just work in real time. Otherwise, the Avengers wouldn’t have ever needed to go through the trouble of traveling through the quantum realm in order to acquire the Infinity Stones for themselves. So I hope there’s something else at play that is going to allow them to explain the going back in time thing. Maybe the idea is Star-Lord stole some Pym Particles and had Rocket take them back in time to his childhood at Epcot, but it all goes horribly wrong and they keep going back further. Something like that would make more as MCU sense.

Anyways, the teleportation network is definitely a factor like you said because I just realized they already have one of these jump points installed along the back wall in the picture. Idek how I missed that the first time, everyone else probably saw it. I have a feeling it’s going to look really cool in action considering how it’ll be lit in the dark.

Ok, I haven’t been following this much. Are there supposed to be screenz in this ride? Depending on what metric you use, two of WDW’s parks might have more screen rides than Islands starting next year.