Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

RIP Gwazi (1999-2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wooden roller coasters are a lot like the Nightmare on elm street sequels. So bad they're painful yet an absolute blast. They have character unlike most coasters

Makes sense. I suspect that's part of the problem with Ghostrider at Knott's too. It's a once-great coaster that I flat-out refuse to ride anymore...it'll crush your spine before you even get down the first hill. Ouch! While I haven't ridden the "Apocalypse" wooden coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain, I fear it may too suffer the same problems as Gwazi.

It would be a real shame if Apocalypse suffered the same fate. I rode it in 2011 while it was still new and it was a fast paced forceful coaster with just the right amount of "rattle". Ghostrider also gave a good ride during that trip.

Ghostrider was a painful one... way worse than Gwazi. AND the ride wanted to keep me in it's throes because the lap bar would NOT lift up after the ride. They started to walk over with a screwdriver and I was like "Oh hell nah. I am not about to be Sherman Klumped up in this bitch." So I did one last funky maneuver and it popped up.

Wooden roller coasters are a lot like the Nightmare on elm street sequels. So bad they're painful yet an absolute blast. They have character unlike most coasters
In our day and age of smooth metal the harshness of a wooden coaster is no longer a thrill for a lot..Unless it is a historic coaster or a steel tracked woody I don't see them being built anymore...at least not in Florida..I think Busch would rather develop a new attraction than try to steel track Gwazi...although I would love to see an inversion added to it

Not a huge loss.. Not a good coaster yet not a terrible one. I rode a TERRIBLE woodie yesterday called Georgia Cyclone at SFOG. It was far worse that GWAZI..

Not a huge loss.. Not a good coaster yet not a terrible one. I rode a TERRIBLE woodie yesterday called Georgia Cyclone at SFOG. It was far worse that GWAZI..

Georgia Cyclone may be one of the worst coasters I've ever ridden... Its up there with New York New York in Vegas and that stand up in KD, both of which Togo made.

Hey now! That was my first wooden coaster and it will always have a place in my heart and in the list of reasons my back is messed up when I go to the chiropractor.

- - - Updated - - -

This impeding closure has spurred me to book a trip to Tampa over MLK weekend, so if anyone is around, let me know.

Gwazi was a weird mix of a lot of fun and pain at the same time. I never came off NOT having had a great time, but I also always felt the repercussions of having just been on the wildest ride in the ghetto.

Georgia Cyclone may be one of the worst coasters I've ever ridden... Its up there with New York New York in Vegas and that stand up in KD, both of which Togo made.

That stand up on in KD was bad. I looked like a freakin scarecrow riding it.

Hey now! That was my first wooden coaster and it will always have a place in my heart and in the list of reasons my back is messed up when I go to the chiropractor.

- - - Updated - - -

This impeding closure has spurred me to book a trip to Tampa over MLK weekend, so if anyone is around, let me know.

This made me laugh so hard!!! Georgia Cyclone was my first roller coaster too. It was a little rough. Guess I to go to Busch too.

Mean Streak at Cedar Point is one of the worst for me. I love wooden roller coasters but that one is painful as all get out and seems like an incredibly long. Both times I have gone on it, I have had to take a break afterwards (the only coaster that has ever made me take a break).

Nothing compares to Ninja at SFoG....that's true pain...

Now that Gwazi is closed do we think that Busch will invest in a wing rider or a hyper...either would be welcomed as I know they like to do the 'first to Florida' type rides

Nothing compares to Ninja at SFoG....that's true pain...

Now that Gwazi is closed do we think that Busch will invest in a wing rider or a hyper...either would be welcomed as I know they like to do the 'first to Florida' type rides

I'd be willing to bet that they would build a hyper/giga. Sadly I'm not expecting this to happen for a while... at the moment they don't have enough money to demolish Gwazi. Hopefully by the end of the decade this coaster would happen, but it will happen when it happens...

I might go there on MLK weekend to get my last ride.

I have been wondering, that since BGW is getting a premier rides coaster, if they could have struck a deal with Premier to have something for BGT as well, perhaps even in Seaworld.

I have been wondering, that since BGW is getting a premier rides coaster, if they could have struck a deal with Premier to have something for BGT as well, perhaps even in Seaworld.
Yes, I expect the tight, small footprint coasters that Six Flags is doing for a couple of years...then...a hyper :pray:

Mean Streak at Cedar Point is one of the worst for me. I love wooden roller coasters but that one is painful as all get out and seems like an incredibly long. Both times I have gone on it, I have had to take a break afterwards (the only coaster that has ever made me take a break).

Mean Streak is awful no doubt, but did you ever ride Son of Beast (Kings Island) during the height of its bloodthirsty reign? I actually got huge bruises from riding that..."SOB." Wow.

My dream would be to have RMC do a "Twisted Colossus" treatment on Gwazi. Retrack it with metal. And join both tracks into one really looong ride. That way they could keep the beauty that is Gwazi.

My dream would be to have RMC do a "Twisted Colossus" treatment on Gwazi. Retrack it with metal. And join both tracks into one really looong ride. That way they could keep the beauty that is Gwazi.
I'd be alright with that...Not sure if Busch wants to invest even more $$$ into this coaster though..

I think that would be an attraction for 2016 (in the Egypt section). Putting that type of ride in Gwazi's large plot would just waste space...

Status
Not open for further replies.