Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone else's "enter" button change on the Soul Collector's site? There's an actual graphic in there now. Mine has bone fragments on the top and bottom of it. One person on HNN said theirs has flowers.

Mine has bones but I guess they could be mistaken for a flower. A calla lily or something..

Another site grasping at straws for content.

Allow me to get on soapbox for a bit:

Clickbait. It's nothing new, but it's a clear issue within the theme park sites. Not everyone does it, but there are a lot do. Most just post stuff because "Content is King" and make the big, sexy headline. You'll find some sites argue "Hey, we're just opening up discussion."

That's fine and all - but that discussion goes beyond just their site. It spreads through the community. So (and just using this for example, not as an indictment), when WDWNT posts a rumor - it's going to be discussed on there, WDWMagic, DISBoards, and elsewhere. It's not just locked into that lone site.

Readers are putting trust into the writer. A lot of people aren't aware that whenever something is posted, it's just "opening a dicussion" or whatever excuse that writer wants to come up with. They take it as gospel. So when a site starts "Hey, the image name on the website is 26218.jpg, that's a clue!" - you start a wildfire that will eventually reach our boards, and then it's a problem we have to address. We'd rather have our reader informed and involved with discussion instead of shooting blindly with conversation.

Bottom line - Sites should take a bit more accountability into what they post, and they don't because no one holds them to the fire.
Just where is the theme park blogger police when you need them? :fist:

Another site grasping at straws for content.

Allow me to get on soapbox for a bit:

Clickbait. It's nothing new, but it's a clear issue within the theme park sites. Not everyone does it, but there are a lot do. Most just post stuff because "Content is King" and make the big, sexy headline. You'll find some sites argue "Hey, we're just opening up discussion."

That's fine and all - but that discussion goes beyond just their site. It spreads through the community. So (and just using this for example, not as an indictment), when WDWNT posts a rumor - it's going to be discussed on there, WDWMagic, DISBoards, and elsewhere. It's not just locked into that lone site.

Readers are putting trust into the writer. A lot of people aren't aware that whenever something is posted, it's just "opening a dicussion" or whatever excuse that writer wants to come up with. They take it as gospel. So when a site starts "Hey, the image name on the website is 26218.jpg, that's a clue!" - you start a wildfire that will eventually reach our boards, and then it's a problem we have to address. We'd rather have our reader informed and involved with discussion instead of shooting blindly with conversation.

Bottom line - Sites should take a bit more accountability into what they post, and they don't because no one holds them to the fire.
OH ok thank you for clearing that up a bit!

More specifically, you can check the properties of an image posted and its normally something like "giphy.com/media/sBl8Fowq0ErFC/giphy.jpeg" or whatever.......but sometimes, if its titled on the host page it can be something like "NewMarvelAvengersCoasterAtDHS.jpeg" and like Brian said, people can/will see that and think its a clue or the answer outright. Some people do it intentionally, and some (most) do it by accident not realizing the title of the pic is within its property code for everyone to see.
Thank you for explaining.

Reactions: Porkchop
Since I already shared the ACTUAL code names for the streets, including the mysterious Hook, I'll also start dropping house code names as the announcements come in.

AHS - Checkmate
Shining - Gold

Gold shines.

Real clever stuff this year. Just wait.

Sorry the connection was obvious, I'm just really tired and didn't think about that. Do you have any more clues about the Angels vs Demons rumored house, that one seems to be the most controversial and unknown

Sorry the connection was obvious, I'm just really tired and didn't think about that. Do you have any more clues about the Angels vs Demons rumored house, that one seems to be the most controversial and unknown
None I can divulge at this point. It may surprise people though.

I'm weary of giving my soul to a major corporation. Is this all a ploy to raise an army of animatronic soldiers for world domination? Or are they working with Mickey and our souls will inhabit the Small World dolls for all eternity? ????

All I can think of is when Bart Sold his soul to Milhouse for $5.

'Soul weight' pertaining to how active they are in social media sharing/referral programme?
Probably has some extra weighting based on number of follows and retweets. This will probably include a chunk of theme park twitter and any account of the year that may happen to spring up like that crafty HHN Bear

I'm weary of giving my soul to a major corporation. Is this all a ploy to raise an army of animatronic soldiers for world domination? Or are they working with Mickey and our souls will inhabit the Small World dolls for all eternity? ????

All I can think of is when Bart Sold his soul to Milhouse for $5.

Maybe they just need a bunch of souls to fuel the new technology for Nintendo land. So, they're starting to stockpile now.

Reactions: jrn14