Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While I understand the fan sentiment, am I the only one to find the "Aiello Club" thing really creepy?
Niche fandoms seem to attract a special kind of creep. Or maybe I think it's weirder that Aiello and Chance have people as fanatic as major actors and singers, but have nowhere near the security.
I remember house actors cultivating fans back on Horrornightnightmares with strangers that I thought was strange.

Niche fandoms seem to attract a special kind of creep. Or maybe I think it's weirder that Aiello and Chance have people as fanatic as major actors and singers, but have nowhere near the security.
I remember house actors cultivating fans back on Horrornightnightmares with strangers that I thought was strange.
It's definitely a weird situation. Personally I'm a big fan of many of the HHN actors. It's very easy to come off as creepy by simply being a fan of them in the same way you would any ordinary celebrity. Like any other performer if you appreciate their work you want to follow their career a little so you can see more, you're essentially labeled a stalker. Whereas it's perfectly normal to closely monitor the intricate personal details of a traditional celebrities life. The funny thing about this is for me it makes me a little more nervous with these actors because I don't want to come off that way. Ironically I do a lot of work with conventions and interact with celebrities in that and I feel far more comfortable around them. There are some truly creepy people out there and it's really hard to tell sometimes.

It's definitely a weird situation. Personally I'm a big fan of many of the HHN actors. It's very easy to come off as creepy by simply being a fan of them in the same way you would any ordinary celebrity. Like any other performer if you appreciate their work you want to follow their career a little so you can see more, you're essentially labeled a stalker. Whereas it's perfectly normal to closely monitor the intricate personal details of a traditional celebrities life. The funny thing about this is for me it makes me a little more nervous with these actors because I don't want to come off that way. Ironically I do a lot of work with conventions and interact with celebrities in that and I feel far more comfortable around them. There are some truly creepy people out there and it's really hard to tell sometimes.
I can completely understand being a fan of the performers. One of my favorite concerts I ever went to was for a youtube famous person and I was as excited about seeing them as I'd be seeing a movie star. I guess it just depends on the interactions, and I just feel bad for these people who don't have the kinds of protections a real celebrity would have.

All that being said, these people probably don't hate having fans. They chose performing for a reason and I'm sure it feels good to have people appreciate your work.

I think if I narrowed my focus it would be more on the scrutiny female characters receive. I'd be lying if I said I didn't hear multiple comments about Chances..shall i say physique? It was just a bit weird, because some people were really into her and didn't mind saying so.

Reactions: s8film40
With the apparent volatility of HHN rumors this year, I don't know if I'm as excited as I usually am for the event. Recently, I've been feeling somewhat glum due to the rumored changes. But, I guess it's always possible that everything will work out better than originally planned. Fingers crossed.