Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looking back on HHN 26 I hate to say it but I really think the only reason we even got an icon at all was because of Harley Quinn's popularity. After thinking about this a little bit I wonder if we could see an IP driven icon for 27 or possibly a future year.

Not sure if any else got the HHN survey from Uni but one of the questions was "how did you feel about TWD coming back again and would you like to see it at next years event? Looks like they've atleast realized a lot of people are sick and tired of it. I guess you can't argue it, when it had at times 120 minute waits this year. Personally I think it needs to go, but the fans think otherwise

Not sure if any else got the HHN survey from Uni but one of the questions was "how did you feel about TWD coming back again and would you like to see it at next years event? Looks like they've atleast realized a lot of people are sick and tired of it. I guess you can't argue it, when it had at times 120 minute waits this year. Personally I think it needs to go, but the fans think otherwise
Pretty sure they have asked that question for a couple years and it continues to return.

Reactions: RevFreako
Yeah I did the survey, TWD question seemed to be the exact wording as past years. At this point the only question is will we get the permanent attraction or another house next year.

I'm not sure where that info is coming from. Rights to both the Alien and Predators (and Prometheus as well) are owned by 20th Century Fox. Fox has a pretty decent working relationship with Universal. Probably an even better one after this year's AHS house.

ride rights, yes Disney has them.
in the 80s after the success of Star Tours, Disney began wondering what other movies they could do into rides and they got the rights to make an alien ride (the ride was going to be Based on the Nostromo and you could shoot the aliens) then they realized making a ride on a scary R rated movie was not a good idea and then they decided to make ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter instead.they still hold the rights and added Alien to the Great Movie ride. I dont think anyone can do anything with Alien.

But Alien Vs Predator is good to use and another park was going to make a Ride based on alien vs Predator (I dont know what happened with those plans for that ride)

Reactions: SeventyOne
Looking back on HHN 26 I hate to say it but I really think the only reason we even got an icon at all was because of Harley Quinn's popularity. After thinking about this a little bit I wonder if we could see an IP driven icon for 27 or possibly a future year.

We discussed this on the podcast.

If we get an icon, it'll be an original (as in Universal created). It's very clear that icon merch is a huge seller and they avoid having to pay any rights for a IP icon.

Secondly, while they obviously wanted to ride off Harley Quinn - Chance was the plan after 25. How they wanted to execute it however, was always a changing decision.

If HHN27 Recieves an Icon, there will be no way that we'll see an IP take center stage (even though USH tried that for two years in 08 and 09). I think that there is money to be seen with Icons, as they serve as something that is both A.) good for A&D to use well and B.) Good for Marketing to have it take a presence.

I think that it is highly likely of them going for another Icon, but will it be a new icon (one that hasn't been done before and isn't Eddie or Cindy); or the return of an Icon like The Usher or The Director? Ideally, if it's all new; that would make sense more on the terms of A&D seeming to be transitioning but I could see them going for Director, Usher or both of them just to allow a more..easier theme come around with also a rather clever concept that they could pull off with them.

Either way, I am interested to see what happens next year in originality for the event, but we'll see at this point.

If we get an icon, it'll be an original (as in Universal created). It's very clear that icon merch is a huge seller and they avoid having to pay any rights for a IP icon.
Yeah that's a really good point I didn't consider, they obviously wouldn't want to pay a royalty for essentially every single piece of HHN merchandise. Of course they could create an icon that mirrors something that currently has a lot of popularity or use an IP that Universal already owns. I think the key word here is "if", I don't think there's a guarantee we're getting an icon at all.

Yeah that's a really good point I didn't consider, they obviously wouldn't want to pay a royalty for essentially every single piece of HHN merchandise. Of course they could create an icon that mirrors something that currently has a lot of popularity or use an IP that Universal already owns. I think the key word here is "if", I don't think there's a guarantee we're getting an icon at all.

Say what you will about Chance's success as an icon, but her merch was a huge seller with the GP. I think it's a lock we're getting an Icon. Just don't know if it's just a marketing icon (a la Storyteller), a repeat, a original... etc.

Reactions: RevFreako
I got the survey from Universal about HHN and one of the questions was "what kind of merchandise would you like to see?" I remember putting that I would like to see shirts and other memorabilia from past HHN's like possibly a shirt that says Fright Nights or Thunder Dome on it. Nostalgia is very popular now, and i believe with the edition of the HHN store they put up by the Mummy, we could see past merchandise in that store that we possibly couldn't get before simply because some of us weren't even born in 1991 (me).

Tbh it's probably Cindy or Eddie

Unless they make Cindy a adult, she'll never be a icon. She's 2 for 2 on getting knocked down by some sort of higher up. While A&D would love to have her, there are higher ups who just arn't comfortable with a child/killer child being a icon.

As for Eddie, might as well throw in the extreme house and the whole event being under a tent in the suggestion bin to get that out of the way. They always come up in some fashion every year but they never happen. (An' for the record, the Repository was not a extreme house. It was a upcharge/escape room.)

Reactions: SeventyOne
Unless they make Cindy a adult, she'll never be a icon. She's 2 for 2 on getting knocked down by some sort of higher up. While A&D would love to have her, there are higher ups who just arn't comfortable with a child/killer child being a icon.

As for Eddie, might as well throw in the extreme house and the whole event being under a tent in the suggestion bin to get that out of the way. They always come up in some fashion every year but they never happen. (An' for the record, the Repository was not a extreme house. It was a upcharge/escape room.)

Yeah, I'd say Eddie is a lot more plausible than everything else you mentioned.... wouldn't just write it off.

Yeah, I'd say Eddie is a lot more plausible than everything else you mentioned.... wouldn't just write it off.

Admittedly true, though with the amount of times it's been brought up and never happened, it's a case of I'll believe it when they officially announce it.

could we get Singapore's puppet master icon?

0002884.jpg

It would seem as though FNaF is being taken somewhat seriously in a theme park setting. Typically an attraction has to be far more mainstream than a house.

Last edited:
Well if this turns out to happen, I suppose it would pretty much end any discussion of Stranger Things.:(

Rumor: Disney Seeking to Purchase Netflix
Well Disney does have a major deal with Netflix for content right now as Neflix largely shifts money to originals.

I would like to see universal bust out a house with real 3d, although even renting the video equipment to do so would probably be too expensive. Maybe they could get creative and make it work though.

Bold YHUGE Projections!!

Your gonna be so proud of my projections, and how they single handedly changed the course to make HHN27 GREAT!

Killer Clowns from Outer space (FINALLY)
Amityville Horror
AHS
Friday the 13th
Conjuring
Walking Dead

10 Houses Total

Brand new Icon

AOV Returns

In addition Horror Nights expands to Wed through Sunday operation starting first weekend of October.

Repository returns as a sequel or totally new upcharge house altogether.

Also just cause it's a silly thread of BOLD YHUGE PROJECTIONS. I'm gonna say HELLGATE PRISON returns in an all new way.

It would seem as though FNaF is being taken somewhat seriously in a theme park setting. Typically an attraction has to be far more mainstream than a house.

I would point to what happened to those TWD/Goosebumps attractions they created but never got actually built..

It does show that there is potential to the IP, but I would throw out dark ride.