Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Channel Zero is, in no way, Lovecraftian. It's based on creepypasta, "Candle Cove." Thus the subtitle, "Candle Cove."

I'd love to see it. I'd love to see the Tooth Child in person. The tone is so wildly wrong for HHN though.

Here what goes again? I've seen both movies. They would in no way work as an HHN experience, tonally, thematically, logistically. Why speculate on something based on hard evidence to the contrary...?
I haven't seen Get Out, and don't know what it is, but just seeing the Split trailer and casually following the mild controversy surrounding it I agree with Fallow.

I have a hunch Split will become this year's 10 Cloverfield Lane. People see the trailer and think, "This is a scary movie I'm excited about! It's totally coming to HHN." Then it's released and no one mentions it again.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I haven't seen Get Out, and don't know what it is, but just seeing the Split trailer and casually following the mild controversy surrounding it I agree with Fallow.

I have a hunch Split will become this year's 10 Cloverfield Lane. People see the trailer and think, "This is a scary movie I'm excited about! It's totally coming to HHN." Then it's released and no one mentions it again.
Get Out is Jordan Peele's new movie:

A modestly budgeted, racially charged psychological thriller released in February, forgotten by April ... what house in the past 26 years was remotely inspired by a movie like this?

Get Out is Jordan Peele's new movie:

THAT'S right. Totes forgot about and also excited for.

After the racial taunting I heard about Vamp 55, I wouldn't expect HHN to touch anything that actually comments on race. (A group of white guests were mimicking shooting minority scareactors because 1955. Don't know if it's true. But it's something I heard about and doesn't surprise me.)

THAT'S right. Totes forgot about and also excited for.

After the racial taunting I heard about Vamp 55, I wouldn't expect HHN to touch anything that actually comments on race. (A group of white guests were mimicking shooting minority scareactors because 1955. Don't know if it's true. But it's something I heard about and doesn't surprise me.)

I've seen the movie in full. There's no chance in hell it comes to HHN. And even if it COULD - like if it lent itself well to the format - it wouldn't for the exact sort of racial tensions it would inevitably invoke.

I've seen the movie in full. There's no chance in hell it comes to HHN. And even if it COULD - like if it lent itself well to the format - it wouldn't for the exact sort of racial tensions it would inevitably invoke.
Tangent- is it good?

Tangent- is it good?

Yes. Clever, timely, funny, morbid, disturbing. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. I wish the trailer showed a just bit less.

Split was also quite good if 25-30 minutes too long, but we had an idea about that from the early reviews. Worth staying in the dark on that one as much as possible. I know it got re-edited a little after I saw it so I can't say whether or not it got better/worse.

In the interest of keeping the boards alive...

I've seen a lot of people mention Trick 'R Treat potentially coming this year (mostly due to Krampus this year...aka same writer/director).

I personally would LOVE it, since it's one of my favorite Halloween movies of all time, and a yearly tradition.

So I got to thinking what scenes they could incorporate into a house. Here are my thoughts...

[Spoilers for Trick 'R Treat obviously]

-Have the Henry and Emma's house as kind of a facade, and as you walk through their overly decorated front yard, they could use the sheet-ghosts on posts as makeshift "boo holes".

-The Wilkin's basement and/or kitchen with severed jack-o-lantern heads and Steven attacking guests after being distracted by the fat kid's body. Also some "Charlie Brown is an ass-hole" would be good.

-Through the back yard to see Kreeg getting attacked by Sam through the window.

-That leads through the woods where we take part in a sexy werewolf party

-To the quarry (where they can use the one school bus that they have every year), and we can all get attacked by zombie kids. Should be very dark with just some jack-o-lanterns providing most of the light

-Finally leading to the last few rooms, which are a battle between Sam and Kreeg. One of the rooms should use similar effects to last year's Halloween 2 fire room with flaming jack-o-lanterns.

Some "after the maze" scares could be provided by more grown-up zombie kids, or Mr. Kreeg in his "mummy costume"

Each room should also have a Sam dummy chilling in the back somewhere observing.

If they really wanted to go all-out, they could have a Scarezone close to the house that's similar to the Warren Valley street fair. Kind of like the Shadybrook one from 25.

Thoughts...additions?

Reactions: traveller
I know this is probably never going to happen but...
The-Babadook_CU_Image-credit-Icon.jpg

Baaaa baaa.....dook dook dook.

I don't think it'll happen, it's just a little to psychological of a flick. Although, I would have said almost the same thing about Exorcist as well so...

Anyone else feel the best way for HHN to be fresh and exciting would be for Aiello to be disposed and a new creative team put in place?

I just feel like we get rehash of concepts and plug and play scenery with different costumes on actors for scares. Yes, there are components to the whole thing that will be reused, but it's been way too long since we've seen something new that was viable for a major items in the event (that last bit is my way of subtly telling you not to cling to the VR as innovative - it's not nor is it practical large scale.)

I want fresh blood.

Anyone else feel the best way for HHN to be fresh and exciting would be for Aiello to be disposed and a new creative team put in place?

I just feel like we get rehash of concepts and plug and play scenery with different costumes on actors for scares. Yes, there are components to the whole thing that will be reused, but it's been way too long since we've seen something new that was viable for a major items in the event (that last bit is my way of subtly telling you not to cling to the VR as innovative - it's not nor is it practical large scale.)

I want fresh blood.

Well you're kinda getting a new team, Aiello taking a step back from being directly involved.

Reactions: JoeCamel