Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Reviews, Photos, & Videos | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Reviews, Photos, & Videos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What a fun year! All the houses we great this year and truthfully hard to rank, except one(looking at u Chucky). I have to say Darkest Deal takes the #1 spot for me. Monsters Unmasked grew on me and might have took the #2 spot. As for the rest I'm not sure.

Thanks again to all the mods for keeping this thread going for this once again(as always) crazy HHN year!

This was my 10th HHN and a great one to be in! 2013-2023 and many more to come!

Amazing year. Been going since 25, and this is the best HHN I've experienced. The first time I can genuinely say where there wasn't a single bad house. Combine that with amazing zones and a fantastic finale for Nightmare Fuel, and you have an amazing year. Dr. Oddfellow is also not only my new favorite Icon, but I will argue that he is the best Icon.

Honestly? I'm not going to do rankings, I genuinely loved each house so much. The only ones I can definitively rank are Darkest Deal and Oddfellow as my interchangeable #1 and #2, truly perfect houses. With that, instead I will give my thoughts on each house and what I loved about them:

HOUSES
BLOOD MOON: DARK OFFERINGS - Beautiful house. While not quite as grand as Dead Man's Pier, still captured that epic feeling and atmosphere, as it really felt like you were traversing a small village. Abundance of scares and truly creepy moments (the chapel and finale come to mind). THE FALSE-HEARTED, MUST, DIE!

THE EXORCIST: BELIEVER - Hot take, I was not a fan at all of the 2016 house, and this was by far the least anticipated house on my list. That being said, holy sh*t (iykyk), this house was fantastic. Perfectly gross smells, great scares, and possibly the most clever ending of a house I've ever seen? Walking through a mirrored version in Hell? Actually brilliant.

STRANGER THINGS - Yet another hot take, I was not a fan at all of the 2018 and 2019 houses, and didn't have much expectation going into this one, yet it blew me away! The Vecnas in here were always giving it their all and not afraid to get a little too close for comfort. The Metallica scene is one of the most hype scenes in any house I've walked through, and an awesome cinematic moment with Eleven vs One, then Eleven vs Vecna at the end. If you got the timing for it, it was awing to watch.

DUELING DRAGONS: CHOOSE THY FATE - Team Blizzrock forever! While yes, I do wholeheartedly agree there should've been more of the actual dragons, I love what they did here with the warlocks. This house really did feel like you were adventuring through an epic battle, especially once you entered the castle. Also, I can't believe it, but FINALLY A MEDIEVAL HOUSE! Yes, this was surprisingly the first-ever medieval house HHN has done in Orlando, and I hope to see more of it! Hoping (and even thinking) we might see Poseidon's Fury next year...

YETI: CAMPGROUND KILLS - I'll admit, at the beginning this was my #10. Opening night I had an abysmal run through this house, missing every single scare, and just generally feeling low energy. It took a few more times, but finally I got a runthrough with Cast B, and the difference was ASTOUNDING. Suddenly there were yetis around every single corner swiping their claws just inches from my face! I loved Terror of the Yukon, and although I think this one was just slightly weaker, I still loved it. Also, BEAR, BEAR, BEAR!

CHUCKY: ULTIMATE KILL COUNT - Let me get this out of the way: While I am slightly biased, as I had a close friend scareacting in here, this house was nowhere near as bad as so many made it out to be. I'm surprised they gave Yeti the title of the comedy house, when this hit that mark much better IMO. A campy, fun house that isn't taking itself too seriously. I'm happy that by the end, most people seemed to be coming around to this house more. Is it the best house? No. Is it the worst house in HHN history? Not even close.

DR. ODDFELLOW'S TWISTED ORIGINS - If there's any house from this year I could walk through for the first time again, it would be this. Immediately from the facade, you knew you were in for a treat. This house really used every single square inch of the sprung tent, as it was a very long, intense and just fun house. Everything in here was perfect: The story, the scenery, the scares, and thankfully, just the right amount of fanservice. I could go on for hours about this house. Definitely in my top 5 of all time, and I already miss it dearly.

THE DARKEST DEAL - Yet another perfect house that made great use of the sprung tent. If this really is the last year for them, they went out on the highest of notes. What more can I say about this house that hasn't already been said? The fantastic story that was both easy and fun to follow, the insanely aggressive scareactors that were not afraid to fully come out of their boo holes, the setting, the music, EVERYTHING! I miss this house so much, and hope to see more like it in the near future.

THE LAST OF US - While not the house's fault, I do have to dock off a few points for the walk. Even with Express, this house was a real pain trying to get into, and I really hope that with DreamWorks Land open next year, the issue will be mostly resolved. Now, to the house itself, I found this to be the weirdest of the bunch. The first half is weird, with the scares not being too intense, and the more open rooms, it really makes you put your guard down. Then suddenly, after the clicker hallway and Ellie, the second half suddenly becomes possibly the most intense house of the event, with in-your-face scares every second and the rooms now extremely narrow. Loved the house, but just felt weird.

MONSTERS: UNMASKED - Legends Collide is one of my all-time favorite houses, and while this house was still great, it didn't get anywhere near the same level as Legends IMO. I've been clamoring for a Phantom house for a long time, so it was disappointing for his section to be the weakest, noticeably the longest (taking up the entire first half of the house), and having lots of empty space. The other three monsters were done fantastically, even if their scenes were sadly rather short. Also, this house takes the reward for my favorite facade of the year. Loved the Constable and always interacting with him. Also possibly my favorite quote of the year: MY FINGERS AROUND YOUR THROAT, YES!

SCARE ZONES
DR. ODDFELLOW'S COLLECTION OF HORRORS - This zone holds a very special place in my heart. It just had such a magical feeling to it, and I'm so happy they listened to the feedback from Horrors of Halloween last year and gave Oddfellow a live mic for interactions. It was always a treat to talk with him and make a deal, and for superfans like myself, even becoming one of his loyal followers as Oddfellow from both casts would often greet me like a familiar friend upon repeat visits. Also, no pun intended, but oddly very wholesome speeches, as Oddfellow would often tell the crowd to not let their zodiac sign or anyone define who they are, and that it's always you who makes you who you are. For the final night, even got to hug the doctor. Loved this zone, and I miss it so much. :(

VAMP '69: SUMMER OF BLOOD - Loved Vamp '55, was kinda eh on Vamp '85, but like, man, this zone rocked dude! It was like, super groovy and vibey, and it always fun to interact with the survivors and vampires. The song selections were fantastic, and the energy in here whenever Sweet Caroline played was always a sight to behold. Really hoping to see another Vamp zone or even house sooner rather than later.

SHIPYARD 32: HORRORS UNHINGED - Hellblock: The Scare Zone! Loved how weird this zone would get, especially towards the end of the night. Survivors were suddenly attacking with the creatures on the run! Also, BATRICIA! Also also, I befriended the fairy trapped in the cage, and every night me and one of the survivors would work together to try and break her out. On the last night for Cast B's final set,, with Batricia's help, we finally got her out! It was amazing.

JUNGLE OF DOOM: EXPEDITION HORROR - I think I speak for everyone when I say that of all the houses in HHN history, this is the one I least expected to ever get a sequel. However, dang it they made it a great and fun sequel! The creature design in here was the right amount of campy and creepy, and the interactions in here with Jungle Oddfellow were always great. SOULS! And a huge congratulations to Cast B Jungle Oddfellow for winning Scareactor of the Year! Very well deserved.

DARK ZODIAC - Was not expecting this to be the chainsaw zone, but not complaining! The Zodiac Celestial design in here was amazing, and their interactions (especially if you were of that sign) were always something special. This is the zone I have the least to say about. Still loved it though!

SHOW + EXTRAS
NIGHTMARE FUEL: REVENGE DREAM - If this really is the finale for Nightmare Fuel, they went out with a bang (pun not intended). Song choices were great, and they also gave the show a bigger plot this year that was interesting to unravel, and gives a lot of food for thought on the lore of the Nightmare realm. Hoping to see a zone or maybe even a house in the near future. Loved the show, and I'm interested to see what they do next year as a replacement.

DEATH EATERS ENCOUNTER - I'm not really a Harry Potter fan and only went in here 3 times, but the Death Eaters brought it every time and always provided incredible interactions, plus even some scares at times! Hoping to see this brought back next year.

M3GAN SQUAD - A very neat mini-show and M&G. While it was annoying they didn't have any showtimes, I understand why (especially seeing some crowds wait for literal hours on some nights).

TL;DR- HHN 32 CLOSING THOUGHTS
Hot take? A truly perfect year of HHN. I do hope to see roaming hoards brought back though. I cannot wait to see what they bring next year, and I will see you all in the Fog! Stay excellent to each other!

Last edited:
My review from our trip on November 2nd. We have always gone in October and contemplated attending in September. After reading on this board how crowded it was we decided to stay with October. However, life got in the way as it sometimes does. My son had his appendix taken out Oct 9th and followed by the stomach bug going the house. The only day we could go would be on the 2nd. We had the best time. The weather was perfect, the crowd was low and chill, didnt need express so saved some$ and less stress for me because I have to see every house. The rankings are based on scares.
Houses
1) Yeti- These Yeti's were so aggressive. One Yeti would not get out of my way and I had to get around him. They must have sensed my fear and told their friends to give me a hard time...lol. This house might make it in my top 20 houses of all time.I think I would have wanted to go on closing night to see Yeti's going all out.
2) Monsters- Visually my favorite house with fantastic scares. There was a lot going on in this house and I loved it.
3) Blood Moon- Great scares and a fantastic story. Another visually favorite house.
4) Darkest Deal- fun house!! Scare actors seemed really into it.
5) Oddfellow- another fun house.
6) Chucky- I've seen the movie from the 80s but not the tv show. Kept my expectations low since I saw the poor rankings folks was giving the house.Had some laughs and got spooked a few times.
7)Exorcist- The house from 2016 was my first HHN house. I'll never forget before going into this house the girls behind me asking if they could hang on to me. Meanwhile I'm hanging on to my husband as he is dragging us through. I'll never forget the puke smell and walking through the blankets/matresses?? I did not see the new movie but was hoping for something that was a sensory onslaught. It was a good house I give it a C+.
8) TLOU- Loved the TV series. Not familar with the video game so I viewed a speedrun of the game on Youtube. Wow!! They really didnt an amazing job translating the game to TV series. This was the longest line of the night (55 min but felt like 155). Got a few scares but I wished I enjoyed it more. IDK, I feel like this IP could have been better.
9) Stranger Things- this house was fun but didnt get a ton of scares. It was our first house of the night and only a 25 min wait. Danced my way past Eddie.
10) Dueling Dragons- ohh DD you were my favorite coaster back in the day. I do wish there were more dragons. Not the worst HHN house I've been through. You know what this house needs? More dragons! (cowbell)
Zones
1) Jungle of Doom
2)Zodiac
3) Vamp 69
4) Shipyard
5) Oddfellow

Nightmare fuel was great fun! All the performers were so talented. I did like the show just slightly better from the first year. I wish I had fire twirling skills LOL!

Food.
We stayed at the Aventura and ate pizza in our room. Stopped by Chez Alcatraz to get my Ocean Attack. I didnt know they had another shark drink for HHN. The Zombie Shark!! Oh you know I ordered it. They even had a Zombie Shark hand puppet. Take my money! OMG this cracked me up!! I liked it better than OA so I hope they can still make it for me next time even if it isnt HHN. By the end we needed a snack and I had garlic parm twisted tators. Ok. I was so sad they werent hot and crispy. My husband got the corndog that was basically covered in potato sticks and I guess a cheese stick under the crust. Whoever invented this I applaud you. The batter, cheese, and sauce was absolutely delish. Definitely in my top 5 best theme park foods ever ever.

Overall this was a solid year. Nothing was terrible. From here on out going to HHN in November might be my permanent Halloween after party.