Happily Ever After | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Happily Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Agreed, watching videos on the Chinese theatre and lasers was not very exciting
The off-center fireworks don't even make the minimal fireworks in the show too interesting either. I get why the fireworks have to be there due to land issues for a new launch pad (the old launch spots were removed for TSL), but it doesn't make for a compelling show.

Anyways, back to HEA.

Reactions: Joel
I watched this last weekend and I'm glad a show like this is finally in Magic Kingdom. Long overdue. I enjoyed the different films they chose, but did have to laugh that it seemed heavy on late 90's films that have never gotten any attention, like Hercules, Mulan, and Hunchback. It only took 20 years but hey, it made me happy to see them.

I was less impressed than others solely for the fact that I've seen great shows over at DLR and DLP. But it's definitely worth a visit to the park to watch.

Apparently the GSAT numbers for HEA are through the roof.

As they should be. But strangely, I've seen some surprising reactions on Instagram of Disney fans/bloggers wanting Wishes back. The pixie dust nostalgia is strong.

As they should be. But strangely, I've seen some surprising reactions on Instagram of Disney fans/bloggers wanting Wishes back. The pixie dust nostalgia is strong.
We saw it a few times over the last 2 weeks, it's deffo better than Wishes. People cheering and applauding a lot at the end, and huuuuge crowds.

For me now the most impressive Fireworks I've ever seen are the Epcot 4th July Illuminations ending. Just and insane amount of shells!

I heard a rumor today that Happily Ever After is planned to resume shows in January. I'm not sure how that will work with social distancing, but I assume it's to bring people in during what will most likely be a slow time of year.

I heard a rumor today that Happily Ever After is planned to resume shows in January. I'm not sure how that will work with social distancing, but I assume it's to bring people in during what will most likely be a slow time of year.
Main Street is packed just for the projection show and small fireworks blast right now. I can't imagine what it would be like with a full 18 minute fireworks show. I imagine ops would have to be incredibly on top of things in terms of enforcing distancing. There's plenty of great places to watch the fireworks at MK. IMO, the best place to watch is right near the carousel. Sure you're not seeing it over the castle, but I feel like the show just seems so much more grand from back there. There's also less people, so it's a more enjoyable experience, which probably plays a role.

On topic:

So got into the parks yesterday on my brother's maingate and finished off watching this show. I don't know if its always been like this or no, but it seems like every other person was either recording the show on their phone or facetiming with someone (with the sound on full blast no less). Oh, and many of those people who were recording crap ass quality versions of the show on their phone were using FLASH the whole show.

This severely dampened my enjoyment of the show as HEA is an experience that you can only truly replicate from being there in the middle of main street and watching and yet there I was distracted by all these flash lights being on in what's supposed to be a dark crowd for the show. It got so bad I took some photos so i'll see if I can find some of those.

EDIT:
3C58C8B6-1E90-45CA-AF87-1E96458BCF62.jpeg
Not a high quality photo, but you can get a sense of all the people recording/facetiming - which is fine, I just don't personally get it because it's gonna be a crappy video anyway and Disney literally has a 4K version up on their Youtube channel. I get memories and such, but for a lot of people, they get so caught up in recording that they aren't actually experiencing the show around them.

And as you can see also, there's a woman directly in front of me with flashlight on and recording and to the left there was flashlight on too (and that's just what you can see in this photo). They did eventually turn their flashlights off, but only seemingly because their phone batteries were about to die. It was extremely distracting and took a lot away from my enjoyment of seeing HEA again from in the park since it's return.

Last edited:
So got into the parks yesterday on my brother's maingate and finished off watching this show. I don't know if its always been like this or no, but it seems like every other person was either recording the show on their phone or facetiming with someone (with the sound on full blast no less). Oh, and many of those people who were recording crap ass quality versions of the show on their phone were using FLASH the whole show.

This severely dampened my enjoyment of the show as HEA is an experience that you can only truly replicate from being there in the middle of main street and watching and yet there I was distracted by all these flash lights being on in what's supposed to be a dark crowd for the show. It got so bad I took some photos so i'll see if I can find some of those.

EDIT:
View attachment 14918
Not a high quality photo, but you can get a sense of all the people recording/facetiming - which is fine, I just don't personally get it because it's gonna be a crappy video anyway and Disney literally has a 4K version up on their Youtube channel. I get memories and such, but for a lot of people, they get so caught up in recording that they aren't actually experiencing the show around them.

And as you can see also, there's a woman directly in front of me with flashlight on and recording and to the left there was flashlight on too (and that's just what you can see in this photo). They did eventually turn their flashlights off, but only seemingly because their phone batteries were about to die. It was extremely distracting and took a lot away from my enjoyment of seeing HEA again from in the park since it's return.
Welcome to the age of social media, old man. :rock:

• Haha
Reactions: snayberry
I don't know if its always been like this or no, but it seems like every other person was either recording the show on their phone or facetiming with someone (with the sound on full blast no less).

Unfortunately its been like this for a while now.

I like to try to get close and say something like, "Good thing they're filming, because there is no way this is all over YouTube!".

My new idea is to try to get some I Think You Should Leave quotes into their shaky-cam recordings. Especially from the haunted house tour skit. :lmao: Harsh? yes. Do they deserve it? Absolutely.

Welcome to the age of social media, old man. :rock:
I mean, I get social media and such, thus why i'm fine with recording. It's dumb things like the crowds having the lights on their phone for the whole show, which is not necessary at all and actually makes the recording worse than it already was going to be anyway.

Yeah, using the flash for long videos can be annoying. I usually just take like 15 second videos for my story. I'm going to be at Disney in two weeks. I can't wait to see this show again.