Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Harambe Market

Not even a bloody run of the mill flat ride?!
Just stupid shops and food, When is Disney going into the theme park business again and starts first to build the rides and then the shopping mall.
Now wonder the only THEA award Disney got is for the best cheap thing to do in a park, so sad.

What was this cheap thing? I didn't Disney had ANYTHING cheap to do.

This sounds great. What's wrong with the parks adding ANYTHING in previously unused/backstage areas, even if it is just dining and retail options?

This sounds great. What's wrong with the parks adding ANYTHING in previously unused/backstage areas, even if it is just dining and retail options?
Especially when it's much needed.

Also, a run of the mill flat ride would ruin the authenticity of the area (plus there's not enough room in that area with the train tracks blocking them in).

And I'd hate for them to waste the plot of land over by the LK theatre on a flat ride.

Because it is just dining and retail options

In a park that is in desperate need of more attractions

Disney's attendance goes up overall for the whole resort every year...I would wager just about anything this will have a very positive impact on attendance in 2017....considering what all DAK is getting I would guess a cars land type rise in attendance

I think several people would argue against this. All figures come from 3rd parties, who are not unbiased.

well we can only go by the TEA reports as well as the annual and quarterly reports

bottom line is they needed added dining options for a park that will be extending their hours

I agree, they need added dining options. i'm saying i don't think disney's going to see a net attendance boost. hell, it didn't even happen when AK opened in 1998.

Example of Disney's offering less for more over 10 years:

In 2004, Flame Tree Barbecue Ribs included
A half ear of corn and baked beans

In 2006
A corn muffin and baked beans

In 2012
A small container of cole slaw and baked beans

What's next? A celery stalk and mini pack of velveeta spread?

It's aggravating.

i look at this addition as something similar to Springfield.... Adding additional food and bev options to help with the expanding crowd levels.... obviously different in popularity but still the same principle

Example of Disney's offering less for more over 10 years:

In 2004, Flame Tree Barbecue Ribs included
A half ear of corn and baked beans

In 2006
A corn muffin and baked beans

In 2012
A small container of cole slaw and baked beans

What's next? A celery stalk and mini pack of velveeta spread?

It's aggravating.

Next they'll change it to Barbecue Rib (not plural) :pound:

i look at this addition as something similar to Springfield.... Adding additional food and bev options to help with the expanding crowd levels.... obviously different in popularity but still the same principle
Good point..and truthfully we are getting an E-ticket(ish) soon...I just hate that Disney continues to make a big deal out of things that are not a big deal..you know they will have a grand opening press event for this where Springfield was an addition is a whirlwind of other things..

Good point..and truthfully we are getting an E-ticket(ish) soon...I just hate that Disney continues to make a big deal out of things that are not a big deal..you know they will have a grand opening press event for this where Springfield was an addition is a whirlwind of other things..
haha good point
probaby with Joe Rohde leading the way

Disney hasn't made a big deal out of this at all and I doubt they will. They barely said a word when the new LK Theatre opened and they haven't even officially confirmed this area. I'm not even sure where WDWMagic got the concept art from.

Disney hasn't made a big deal out of this at all and I doubt they will. They barely said a word when the new LK Theatre opened and they haven't even officially confirmed this area. I'm not even sure where WDWMagic got the concept art from.

And why should they? I was shocked when I saw the inside of the LK theater. It's the exact same ugly shack! Not even backrests for the seats added or some theming that reflects the outside.

So will Avatar not have a plethora of restaurants and shops added to the Soarin clone and the boat ride?
Africa already has a huge restaurant and a bar that servers more food and drinks per customer then 10 African families will see in a month and there are already plenty of shops. But I guess it's a nice area for after park rent outs or hard ticket events to take place in that square. And maybe the most boring train ride at a Disney park in the World will get a bit more exciting when it travels besides that shopping center.