Harambe Market | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Harambe Market

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And why should they? I was shocked when I saw the inside of the LK theater. It's the exact same ugly shack! Not even backrests for the seats added or some theming that reflects the outside.

So will Avatar not have a plethora of restaurants and shops added to the Soarin clone and the boat ride?
Africa already has a huge restaurant and a bar that servers more food and drinks per customer then 10 African families will see in a month and there are already plenty of shops. But I guess it's a nice area for after park rent outs or hard ticket events to take place in that square. And maybe the most boring train ride at a Disney park in the World will get a bit more exciting when it travels besides that shopping center.
They shouldn't make a big deal of these small things and so far haven't been. That was my point. And Pandora will have food options, but that little bar area hardly counts as a quick service option in Africa. There's such thing as being authentic and then there's being practical. You have to find a way to combine the two.

Tusker House used to be quick service before being turned into a Buffet, the left over outside portion is the smallish bar area. There is no REAL quick service option on this side of the park at all. The closest thing is Yak and Yeti in Asia or Pizzafari/Flame Tree (which are pretty much right next to each other).

The entire west side of the park is without a quick service option right now. So yes, this was much needed and it will be fairly authentic style food options. Extra options in Pandora will just be of greater help to the park.

Last edited:
So I checked it out on Sunday.

Wonderfully themed, and like the little details they added in the posters (Ads for FotLK and Safaris).

Tried to the Curry Sausage Dog. Meh. It wasn't bad but it was just an amped up corndog and easily fell apart. The Broccoli Slaw the served along was alright, but was kinda soggy.

I've yet to try it. I think softs started the day after I left.

I'm really glad DAK has some new dining options, as it's been limited since its inception, but the prices seem pretty ridiculous. They look like F&W portions (tapas?) but they're charging $9-13? Even if the food was good, it doesn't seem worth it, even for Disney.

I didn't really notice too much at the new marketplace, but that may possibly be because we had no idea it was brand spanking new and didn't look around enough.

Speaking of DAK dining options not sure how they have been gone but the noodle bowls at Yak and Yeti are no longer available at the counter service. You have to go inside for them now.