Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have time to read all of the pages on this thread, so here are my thoughts:

I'm hoping to come back to Orlando late September for Pandora, new stuff at UO, and for HHN, so I'm really bummed I'll be missing DC by a few weeks. Oh well. At least I got to go on it a few times before its closure. I see the replacement as a double-edged sword. While I am stoked to see what they put in its place, it's a bummer for IoA to lose a more thrilling coaster for a less intense one. The ride is, however, a shadow of its former self from the late 90's with the removal of the queue and the lack of dueling, so in this case I see this as putting down the mangled dog….sorry if that illustration was pretty dark.

For what the coaster will be, out of the three being posted, I'm hoping it will be the SFX coaster. The Mack invert would make the ride more of a dark ride than a coaster. It wouldn't help that Forbidden Journey would feel a bit similar right across from it and that this would replace a legit coaster. They need to replace this with an actual coaster. The motorbike coaster with the side basket would be cool and I would not mind seeing that. It's just that there would be too much similarity to the upcoming Tron coaster at MK. The SFX is what the park could really use. If they go for that, I'm hoping it will use the dark ride scenes as the icing on the cake and focus on the roller coaster.

Mars is bright tonight.

Oh Quint.

Funny enough, Michael Sheeny mentioned that it'd be essentially the "Tron Killer" even two years before that opens.

I am guessing Intamin Family Launch, with seating on one side similar to Wavebreaker from San Antonio and another side being on a lower end.

I think Sheehy is just echoing rumors we've heard before, not a new source of info.

Tell that to the Twittersphere. They seem pretty convinced today. I guess they figure an inverted for an inverted makes sense to them.

It's a possibility, I guess. But I've grown quite fond of the sidecar motorbike idea in recent weeks myself.

I saw that myself too. Writing a Parkscope post about this all right now to clarify some things.

Yeah I would prefer the inverted over a bike coaster. Could be a bad opinion, but bike coasters just don't look comfortable.

Yeah, I would prefer it not being a bike coaster but lets see what they whip up. Now I'll try asking my source if he will spill any beans.

xc26igh.png

After reading the blog post again, I'm really excited. Highly themed has to mean full sets with AAs and maybe screen help. Surprises has me thinking which could be 100% wrong and too far out there. Could the ride have multiple tracks as in track changes to different areas that changes every ride?

I'm predicting screen/musion in the queue. And maybe screen backgrounds to add depth to the forest. But I wouldn't expect many stop and watch screen scenes in this attraction.
That's my expectations. Like someone said in the WDW thread, probably screens for centaurs running like Dinosaur and River Journey, but I, thinking it's a ride through physical sets and AAs, which it's why it's something they've never done before and so on.

So are we thinking this is gonna be an indoor coaster? I think it would be cool if they could somehow make it indoor and outdoor. But if it's Forbidden Forrest themed I would assume they would try and capture the darkness of it by being indoors.

Exciting news though. I'll miss Dragon Challenge. It's a great coaster. It's smoother than the Hulk. I just never liked the end when you feel like your legs are gonna get decapitated. I've been saying for years they should just tear it down if the coasters weren't going to duel anymore. I was thinking as I was typing this but did the coasters ever duel under the Dragon Challenge name? Or was it before Potter even opened that they stopped dueling?

Depends. I mean Maverick at CP is designated as more family friendly and it's one of the most thrilling and fun rides in the park and my #1 steel coaster.
I don't know if I would consider a coaster that was designed to blast through a ground hugging zero g roll at 70mph family friendly. Coupled with a 52" height requirement, nothing about that ride screams family friendly coaster. . .

I'm confused as to what this ride will be based on this announcement. Seems like they announced this, just to announce something.

Are they keeping the track system already in place? Are they taking the entire thing down? It sounds like a VR coaster to me if they're using same track.

I'm confused as to what this ride will be based on this announcement. Seems like they announced this, just to announce something.

Are they keeping the track system already in place? Are they taking the entire thing down? It sounds like a VR coaster to me if they're using same track.
DC is getting demolished. It won't be a VR coaster.

I'm predicting screen/musion in the queue. And maybe screen backgrounds to add depth to the forest. But I wouldn't expect many stop and watch screen scenes in this attraction.
I feel this is the first attraction to shake off that start/stop/watch/start type attractions they've been turning out...At least I hope it is

Exactly, which is why it's completely a reaction to D23. In my opinion, it feels a little vague.
It may not be ready yet, I wonder if this was going to be announced after the Christmas event originally

I think they announced it so fans can get their last rides in on Dragon Challenge. I appreciate the heads up from them

I don't know if I would consider a coaster that was designed to blast through a ground hugging zero g roll at 70mph family friendly. Coupled with a 52" height requirement, nothing about that ride screams family friendly coaster. . .
Just because you can doesn't mean you have to.

Maybe Universal wants it to launch at 45 mph through some terrain hugging bunny hops and diving turns. But also knocked sideways down an embankment and a teeter totter bridge Gwarp can knock sending you backwards off the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.