Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Haunted Mansion Restaurant?

SeventyOne

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Orlando
So the Spirit has gone from hinting to flat out stating a Haunted Mansion take on Skipper Cantina is coming to MK. No real info on timing (tho apparently faster than that Star Wars hotel) or exact location.

Everything that follows speculation ...

Can't say I hate the idea. Almost seems a better inspiration than Jungle Cruise. Hope they work a few special effects into the decor.

Occam's Razor would say Columbia Harbor House not long for this world (can't see Disney building a new location, or handling the logistics of making guests actually enter thru the Mansion facade). With Memento Mori, would create sort of an HM mini-land.

Would put MK down a quick-serve, does Pirate and Parrot return to full time status?

Given the rush at Grog Grotto last year, I'd expect souvenir cups as well.

So the Spirit has gone from hinting to flat out stating a Haunted Mansion take on Skipper Cantina is coming to MK. No real info on timing (tho apparently faster than that Star Wars hotel) or exact location.

Everything that follows speculation ...

Can't say I hate the idea. Almost seems a better inspiration than Jungle Cruise. Hope they work a few special effects into the decor.

Occam's Razor would say Columbia Harbor House not long for this world (can't see Disney building a new location, or handling the logistics of making guests actually enter thru the Mansion facade). With Memento Mori, would create sort of an HM mini-land.

Would put MK down a quick-serve, does Pirate and Parrot return to full time status?

Given the rush at Grog Grotto last year, I'd expect souvenir cups as well.

Haven't heard anything anything about this from my usual sources but that doesn't mean much (aka they don't touch every project.)

If it's in the MK Harbor House would be the clear choice here: it needs refurbishment badly and has two kitchens they can use. If HH goes down I think P&P and the Terrace come back full time, MK needs more sit down not more counter service.

I love the idea of a Mansion mini-land. Doing this could also force Tortuga Cavern to open back and strengthen the Pirates area as well. I support this greatly!

If Columbia Harbour House goes away, even for a new venue based on my favorite ride in the park, I won't be terribly happy. I love the Colonial Era atmosphere in there, and the tuna sandwich was once my go-to lunch option at the Magic Kingdom.

And, if it does become Haunted Mansion themed, that basically guarantees that I'll never get to set foot in there, as the demand will be insane.

I mean, I'm probably going to try to be the first person to line-up for this; but with how big Disney is on "[HASHTAG]#Story[/HASHTAG]" - I can't imagine the shoehorning of making this place make sense.

Every good party needs an after-party.The ghosts recognize the need to pay for the Haunted Mansion's upkeep, and bid their living servants maintain a place for their living guests to keep the swinging wake going.

I haven't even had my coffee yet.

I don't like the idea of Columbia Harbor House being used for this, but now that I think about it it could make sense. Perhaps this could be a combination of HM restaurant and the new Club 33? It seems plenty big enough for both in that space and they could share the kitchen.

I feel like Magic Kingdom needs more places to eat like the Harbor House (higher end counter service/mid-tier sit-down restaurant). Out of all the parks MK is always the hardest place to eat for us. The only problem is that all the new restaurants have been at the higher end of the price spectrum. Somehow I would doubt HM would be targeted as a mid-level sit-down, and we would be losing Harbor House one of the better places to eat.

I feel like Magic Kingdom needs more places to eat like the Harbor House (higher end counter service/mid-tier sit-down restaurant). Out of all the parks MK is always the hardest place to eat for us. The only problem is that all the new restaurants have been at the higher end of the price spectrum. Somehow I would doubt HM would be targeted as a mid-level sit-down, and we would be losing Harbor House one of the better places to eat.
The problem is there really aren't any mid level restaurants at WDW the dining plan isn't structured that way.

Where would they even put this?
Looks to me like there is room between the Haunted Mansion exit and the Tangled toilets. They could get something the size of Liberty Tree Tavern in there, and there'd be backstage access. I personally kinda like the idea of building it along the river beyond the HM queue, if they could figure out the accessibility issues.

Hopefully they're at least smart enough to realize they can't afford to lose a high capacity quick service location like Columbia.

Looks to me like there is room between the Haunted Mansion exit and the Tangled toilets. They could get something the size of Liberty Tree Tavern in there, and there'd be backstage access. I personally kinda like the idea of building it along the river beyond the HM queue, if they could figure out the accessibility issues.

Hopefully they're at least smart enough to realize they can't afford to lose a high capacity quick service location like Columbia.

I'd prefer a ground-up build but don't in my heart believe they'd shell out the money for that. Maybe if they dry-dock the riverboat? But the existing restaurant across the street that always seems to be the slowest of the big three QSRs has to have a target on its back.

I'd prefer a ground-up build but don't in my heart believe they'd shell out the money for that. Maybe if they dry-dock the riverboat? But the existing restaurant across the street that always seems to be the slowest of the big three QSRs has to have a target on its back.
Wish you weren't right but I think you are.

The problem is there really aren't any mid level restaurants at WDW the dining plan isn't structured that way.
I use the term mid-level kind of loosely. It could be a counter service that has a dedicated place to sit and eat, or it could be a sit down restaurant with moderate prices (buffets and characters are definitely a different bracket). There's definitely a difference between Liberty Tree and Be Our Guest, Cinderella, or Skipper Canteen. Just like there's a difference between Casey's and Harbor House or Cosmic Ray or the other walk up kiosk/cart quick services. Disney kind of recognizes this in the dining plan with certain places costing multiple dining credits.

I don't feel nearly as limited at the other parks where we have a variety of places to eat in the different restaurant types.

Which 3 QSRs are you referencing besides the Columbia Harbor House?

I wouldn't be happy if they replaced the CHH for this, even though the possibilities are endless.

If there is room between HM and the Tangled bathrooms, I think that would be the best option for Disney. Makes sense in terms of location and you still keep CHH. Does subtracting a QSR for a full-service make sense logistically though? Like mentioned earlier, they could open up one of the other QSRs and make that open all year, but I just think that CHH is too valuable both as a restaurant and its location in the park.