Max (Streaming Service) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Max (Streaming Service)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So my HBO just expired and it was worth it for WW and to watch all of Batman Beyond (great series...if you like Batman and have never seen it watch it. Season 1 is good and season 2/3 are great.)

But I have ZERO reason to come back until maybe Kong? Like Disney Plus first year its rocky....just not enough "new" for me to stay around for. It has good content but I'm not paying 15 bucks a month to watch Young Justice again..I'll come back for the new season but the issue is they need more shows,

I have Disney Plus...why? Mando, then Wanda and then Winter Solider and will finally cancel...unless bad batch comes out in May.

So my HBO just expired and it was worth it for WW and to watch all of Batman Beyond (great series...if you like Batman and have never seen it watch it. Season 1 is good and season 2/3 are great.)

But I have ZERO reason to come back until maybe Kong? Like Disney Plus first year its rocky....just not enough "new" for me to stay around for. It has good content but I'm not paying 15 bucks a month to watch Young Justice again..I'll come back for the new season but the issue is they need more shows,

I have Disney Plus...why? Mando, then Wanda and then Winter Solider and will finally cancel...unless bad batch comes out in May.
Loki comes out in May, too.

Loki comes out in May, too.
I keep thinking that is next year. So Loki and then I would guess Bad Batch is out...so Disney has me for months.

And yes HBO rushed it and sure they are making money....but really don't get how they didn't have more lined up...honestly if WW didn't come out I would not have had it.

Also saw rumors of a Batman the Animated Series Reboot/continuation coming to HBO max...that hopefully happens and its amazing.

I keep thinking that is next year. So Loki and then I would guess Bad Batch is out...so Disney has me for months.

And yes HBO rushed it and sure they are making money....but really don't get how they didn't have more lined up...honestly if WW didn't come out I would not have had it.

Also saw rumors of a Batman the Animated Series Reboot/continuation coming to HBO max...that hopefully happens and its amazing.
A big problem is HBO Max doesn't have any spashy originals that's can't be seen on regular HBO. And even then, the only big water cooler originals since GoT was Westworld. It's also only launched domestically, which causes a problem attracting outside production companies wanting their show to be on the service. A story came out recently, and the gist of it is that Warner is pushing that a lot of new shows go to HBO Max (obviously) and they are either being turned down or forced to accept the show going to HBO, since HBO has an international foothold. Nobody truly *wants* their show going to HBO Max right now, as the audience is so limited.

They need to get up and running internationally ASAP and then, imo, shut down HBO proper. HBO proper causes too much brand confusion and there's no reason for it existing in a world with HBO Max around. All it's doing is causing brand confusion.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
A big problem is HBO Max doesn't have any spashy originals that's can't be seen on regular HBO. And even then, HBO hasn't really had much in the way of big water cooler originals since GoT was Westworld. It's also only launched domestically, which causes a problem attracting outside production companies wanting their show to be on the service. A story came out recently, and the gist of it is that Warner is pushing that a lot of new shows go to HBO Max (obviously) and they are either being turned down or forced to accept the show going to HBO, since HBO has an international foothold. Nobody truly *wants* their show going to HBO Max right now, as the audience is so limited.

They need to get up and running internationally ASAP and then, imo, shut down HBO proper. HBO proper causes too much brand confusion and there's no reason for it existing in a world with HBO Max around. All it's doing is causing brand confusion.
I agree on the international stuff

But the branding is whatever, they need content. I don;t even think it has to only come to Max it can air on HBO...but we need a watchmen or something.

In a year or two sure like Disney they will have some shows...its just now I see nothing.

Hell I don't think YJ season 4 which has been in the works for a while will even come out this year.

I agree on the international stuff

But the branding is whatever, they need content. I don;t even think it has to only come to Max it can air on HBO...but we need a watchmen or something.

In a year or two sure like Disney they will have some shows...its just now I see nothing.

Hell I don't think YJ season 4 which has been in the works for a while will even come out this year.
The branding stuff is a big deal when it comes to the average consumer. Many are still confused on what HBO Max even is.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
The branding stuff is a big deal when it comes to the average consumer. Many are still confused on what HBO Max even is.
Errr once again sure...but sure people can figure it out if you have a show like Mando on it.

I'm still confused how many people "live" if you can't look up HBO max and sign up on your phone..then my god how do you live day to day...lol

Reactions: tielo
Errr once again sure...but sure people can figure it out if you have a show like Mando on it.

I'm still confused how many people "live" if you can't look up HBO max and sign up on your phone..then my god how do you live day to day...lol
There are IP based shows in the works. Obviously the Snyder Cut is coming this year, continuations like Doom Patrol and Harley Quinn are on the service, but there are other, bigger deal things in the works (or planned).

Shows like Peacemaker (Suicide Squad spinoff, written by James Gunn), Gotham PD, Dune: The Sisterhood, a Green Lantern show, and the rumored Potter show are all in the works. It should be noted that legally, Warner cannot start work or announce a Potter show until 2022 when Universal's streaming rights expire for the franchise.

There are IP based shows in the works. Obviously the Snyder Cut is coming this year, continuations like Doom Patrol and Harley Quinn are on the service, but there are other, bigger deal things in the works (or planned).

Shows like Peacemaker (Suicide Squad spinoff, written by James Gunn), Gotham PD, Dune: The Sisterhood, a Green Lantern show, and the rumored Potter show are all in the works. It should be noted that legally, Warner cannot start work or announce a Potter show until 2022 when Universal's streaming rights expire for the franchise.
It will be interesting to see if most of those...do well and get people.

Potter to me is the only stand out that sounds like it could draw people in. Peacemaker/Green Lantern I'm sure will be good but doubt they draw most people like even an MCU show can.

Its funny to think about in 3ish years we could have Live action Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter all at the sametime....what a time to be alive

Pedro Pascal having it good:

so is Bella Ramsey.

Hell of a cast so-far. Can't wait to see this on HBOMax (though I think we have a thread for the adaptation).

Pedro Pascal having it good:

EDIT:

Yesssssssss. Great casting and it makes me more confident the writing is up to par or better as Pedro doesn't sign on to many sub par projects and with TLOU it's probably going to be a relatively small cast. Even in Wonder Woman 84, his character was probably the best part of the film and he killed it.

We have a new reality TV show (for Americans)! The Bridge is fun little cross between “Survivor”, “The Challenge: The Island (a specific season)”, with some “Stranded with a Million Dollars” wrapped into it. It’s fun.

So that Tom & Jerry movie is certainly something. I'd be much more interested in seeing a documentary on the backstory of how this movie came to be. Like literally, why does it exist? The fact that they were going to release this theatrically is hilarious to me, too as this isn't even close to a good streaming movie, never mind a theatrical release.

We have a new reality TV show (for Americans)! The Bridge is fun little cross between “Survivor”, “The Challenge: The Island (a specific season)”, with some “Stranded with a Million Dollars” wrapped into it. It’s fun.
You misdirected me with that "for Americans" part! I mean, sure, it's sort of in the format of an American show, but it's still a British (BBC to be specific) show.

So that Tom & Jerry movie is certainly something. I'd be much more interested in seeing a documentary on the backstory of how this movie came to be. Like literally, why does it exist? The fact that they were going to release this theatrically is hilarious to me, too as this isn't even close to a good streaming movie, never mind a theatrical release.

You misdirected me with that "for Americans" part! I mean, sure, it's sort of in the format of an American show, but it's still a British (BBC to be specific) show.
Meanwhile, it had the second biggest pandemic opening yet with 13.7M...

Meanwhile, it had the second biggest pandemic opening yet with 13.7M...
I guess families are getting desperate then. If Tom & Jerry did that well and it was included with HBO Max, i'm gonna bet Raya & The Last Dragon has the biggest (American) pandemic opening next week. Meanwhile, Asia's box office is thriving.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
lol

My god...Tom and Jerry film being number 2...its why I hate people...my god what low standards we humans have. I also hate that parents are like "its for kids" my god you have so many ways to entertain your kid and you go with some really bad movie?

I have to say, I didn't hate it. Tom and Jerry made me laugh a few times with their antics and it was also really nice to look at. The animation just looked stunning streaming in 4K and the blend with live-action actually made me more excited for Space Jam 2. Hopes it looks as good too.

I don't understand the hate for tom and jerry. It's a kids movie, it is not meant to be some beautifully written masterpiece. Watched it with my kid last night as we have a free HBO trial, he enjoyed it and that is what matters as he is the target audience. For me the movie is just what I expected, a easy to watch movie with your normal cartoon antics. Would I have gone to a theater to so this? Nope, probably wouldn't have rented it either (not that rentals are really a thing anymore).

Reactions: tielo