Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hello Kitty Coming to Universal

Well, Universal is trying to get rid of anything that is old and under-attended, so this is no shocker. I'm sure, whatever is put in this smallish building, will have a lot more marketability and merchandising opportunities as that seems to be the way Comcast is trying to go with things.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a store selling Jimmy Fallon stuff as long as it came with other cool NBC-related merch. I once went to a store that sold a bunch of retro SNL stuff and it was actually stuff worth buying.
I'm pretty sure Teebin said we're getting an NBC Store with the Fallon attraction.

I'm pretty sure Teebin said we're getting an NBC Store with the Fallon attraction.

I just know that a large store is being planned for the twister building. I only assume it will be an NBC Store as Rock is the location of their flagship store.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks... Not to worry, I wouldn't want to be caught rumoring that! Yeeeesh. :wave:

Do you think what you know could potentially be a red herring

I hope so. I'm not really an "insider", just kinda heard about it and then this thread was created so I figured there's a good chance it's true.

In any case, Teebin and JungleSkip know, they're the ones who are good about knowing what to spill and when. All I wanted to say is that expectations ought to be almost nonexistent if the rumor is right lol.

What is interesting, I received some background on the whole Lucy thing at Universal a few years back and I was told that it and the characters were highly coveted by the company. That they were fine losing almost every character except her. A change of heart perhaps?

What is interesting, I received some background on the whole Lucy thing at Universal a few years back and I was told that it and the characters were highly coveted by the company. That they were fine losing almost every character except her. A change of heart perhaps?

Well, they still have her walking around as a face character for meet and greets.

Right, I just caught the impression that ripping out her attraction would incense the family and it would be all or nothing with the license.

Could be the case. It would be sad to see her go, the performers do a great job, and seeing her wandering around the Cabana Bay lobby during the M&G hours there was kind of surreal. But in reality, there are definitely things that can make the park more money