Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hello Kitty Coming to Universal

I will never darken the door of that building...

You and I both :) Of course I shouldn't say that because then I will be doomed to have my second daughter actually like this kitten. My oldest was never into it and hope the second follows suit.

I really like the Hello Kitty statue with the handprints. :) I took a picture with her handprints on soft opening day (2/22/16).

Any thoughts/knowledge if it will be a permanent statue or not? If not, I'll have to go back soon to get another picture.

I kind of wish they would've put the "Statue" on the lawn in front of the store as this sticks out a bit much and breaks the brick pattern, but I can see why Sanrio would want it there. Overall it's whatever, not like i'll go in there (save for maybe the bakery) anyway.

I darkened the heck out of that doorway today. There's some cute stuff but I need more of Kitty's friends if im going to buy anything. There's some stuff of her friends but mostly it's just Kitty herself.

And it is cute and well done, and no less abandoned than the Lucy thing it used to be was.

And the statue now has red velvet ropes around it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming that this will be a roaming sort of meet and greet like those in Hollywood in the morning because I don't see where a Town Square Mickey Mouse type meet and greet would go.