Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

Is the RIP Tour worth doing ? And how long does it generally take to get round and do they run out of them ?

Is the RIP Tour worth doing ? And how long does it generally take to get round and do they run out of them ?

YES!

Also depends on which one you take. The 3 house tour can be up to 2 - 2.5 hours. 6 house, around 4 - 5. I believe opening weekend is sold out already, so the earlier you book, the better...

EDIT - NEVERMIND THIS! I'M A DOPE

Last edited:
YES!

Also depends on which one you take. The 3 house tour can be up to 2 - 2.5 hours. 6 house, around 4 - 5. I believe opening weekend is sold out already, so the earlier you book, the better.

Isn't the 3 or 6 option for Unmasking the Horror not the RIP Tour ?

I havent bought mine yet so if they won't give you a refund I could buy your extra. Makes no difference to me where the pass comes from.

I had to speak to three different departments (ticketing, guest services and finally AP), but they did end up refunding it. It would've been harder if I used any of them or if the event had started.

I think they may be holding it back a little as you say for the full reveal since it leaked a couple of the originals last year.

Have they posted the RSVP link yet for the AP early access? It is a week and a half away and I still can't find it!

Have they posted the RSVP link yet for the AP early access? It is a week and a half away and I still can't find it!
Nope, not yet. There really must be something very bizarre going on behind the scenes this year. Everything seems to be being pushed to the last minute.

Would I be able to swing back around to the front in time for those houses or will the gates be open already?
Possibly. If I'm remembering correctly I've always made it back up to the front right around the time they opened. Of course the stay & scream locations there have already released so there will be lines but probably not too bad if you make it up there quick enough.

I mostly lurk on these forums and thank everyone for all the great info.

Have been to HHN the past few years, but have never used express. We have done stay & scream all but one year. We will be able to do S&S this year as well but debating express as I have someone with me who would be willing to spring for it. We weren't planning to use it as we were going to go Thurs-Sun but unfortunately I had the bad luck of choosing the weekend that Thurs night is blocked out so we will only be able to go Fri-Sun. We are DVC members and have to book before the schedule is out every year if we want a room at the BCV during this time of year. We are planning to purchase ROF and were debating express. Can we purchase ROF ahead of time and upgrade to ROF w/ express once we are there and decide we need it? If we do decide to get it, are we going to be so spoiled I will never want to go without it again? Finally, since our only options that week are the weekend nights, do you think we are more likely to need it than the other early weekends? I get express is a personal choice as I see everyone asking this question over and over again but I guess the real question is that will the fact that Thursday night won't be an option this particular week make Thurs-Sun busier than they would have otherwise been.

Your thoughts and help are appreciated and thanks again for all the great info.

We are planning to purchase ROF and were debating express. Can we purchase ROF ahead of time and upgrade to ROF w/ express once we are there and decide we need it?

You can upgrade, but you won't get a reduction in price by the time you get there. I think it's roughly the price of one night of Express though and I think it's well worth it.

You can upgrade, but you won't get a reduction in price by the time you get there. I think it's roughly the price of one night of Express though and I think it's well worth it.
The ROF is just under $100 and the ROF w/express is $300. So, just a little less than 2 nights express. I could absolutely justify if we were going to use the pass the whole time it can be used but just using for the 3 days so I am really on the fence.

what day's employee preview? im just wondering in case there's any neat videos coming out for hhn

The ROF is just under $100 and the ROF w/express is $300. So, just a little less than 2 nights express. I could absolutely justify if we were going to use the pass the whole time it can be used but just using for the 3 days so I am really on the fence.

Oops. Sorry, I forgot the ROF was $100, for some reason I thought it was $200. I always buy the ROF + Express, personally. I find it well worth it.

Was rereading this thread for some reason.

I think I am just talking out loud to try and figure out what I want to do this year (I have a room booked, no tickets or plans other than the fact we have three park AP's.

Why does everyone think RoF would ever be taken away? Locals can go anytime. If they are one day folks...fl res, coke can codes from (it is either BK or Wendy's or something has it, public sells tickets.

For us AP folks that need a place to stay, well, the pace I take, I shoot for four nights. The 2nd or third week works w/ RoF since the SAT are slow since it is too early for locals and those that do come, well SAT cost more...for FF plus, they get opening SAT but not SAT week 2/3.

I bet you $ to donuts (bakers dozen MSG something in that) that UNI likes folks like me staying on site for four or five nights...losing RoF could hurt the bottom line in my opinion.

Now, w four nights (might be three this year due to storm days causing school to be missed)...well, I could see all houses w/0 Express and RoF w Express is a lot for a family...I could chance one night of discounted Express after whatever the time is....heck two nights like that is still cheaper than RoFwith.

If I were alone and going one night, I bet RIP would be the way to do it.

Just spitballing, thanx!