Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2020 Halloween Tribute Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it boils down to “how much custom merch can we fill it with.” Monsters and HHN past is obvious. So it gets two rooms. Beetlejuice is a headliner with a ton unique, custom merch potential that will sell like crazy. Hill House, though, doesn’t have much that screams “merchandizing,” so fill a Hill House room would be challenging. Eilish merch, regardless of what they try to do with it, would be essentially be concert merch, so a custom Billie room would a bit unnecessary. But a “generic” Attic serves as a catch all for both, plus any other random merch they want to push.
That's why you put Hill House into the snack room, so you don't have to sell merch in it

Sorry if this drops us down a rabbit hole, but what happened with Hive? Was it a change?
My knowledge of this is rusty, but Hive was originally intended to be The Conjuring, but something on the legal side of things prevented them from using it part way through, and the majority of construction had already been done, leading them to re-theme it to what we got.
Pretty much. House was about 80% complete as The Conjuring when WB and the Warrens were sued. As a legal protection, WB issued a cease and desist to Universal on using the IP (July-ish, if I remember correctly). So Universal through vampires in it.

The owner of the mold machines was at the store today and I talked to him a bit. Seemed like a nice guy with a cool business. He said Universal hasn't contacted him for more machines but Busch Gardens has.

Oh and for those who don't know, yes both mold machines at working.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if it wasn't an anniversary year she may have

I'm not sure what the house was going to be like...Abstract or not

I could see a fun padded room/surreal type room
I’m in Billie’s target audience (I’m 19), and I’ve just kinda been dreaming of what that house would’ve been like. “Bad Guy” playing, strobe lights, crazy shapes, human embodiments of negative teenage emotions...yummy.

Incidentally, did they add a Pumpkin Mold-a-Rama machine, or did they replace the Frankenstein’s Monster one? Was hoping to be able to get both by the time I’m able to get back to the park, but then here’s @ultimateforce saying “both”. Okay, is that the Fright Nights one and the Monster one, or are there two Fright Nights machines now?

For those who have been and decided to be fat like me - what are the best/worst of the treats?

Man those savory options look outstanding..

Status
Not open for further replies.