Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Drink Changes

Mar 1, 2013
Space Coast
So this started on twitter and figured I move it here. Just wondering what everybody favorite drink is to order at HHN or before. Where to get it. Tips and Best deals ect!

I'll start..
Make friends to your bartender and treat them well and they will to you. Can't remember her name maybe (Jan) from finnegans makes me a drink can't remember the name (anybody got ideas?) that is super strong and best price.

Welp happy Halloween have fun and stay safe!

Make friends to your bartender and treat them well and they will to you. Can't remember her name maybe (Jan) from finnegans makes me a drink can't remember the name (anybody got ideas?) that is super strong and best price.

Oh yes, who can forget the drink that's strong that you can't remember the name or what's in it. :lol::tongue:

I'm looking forward to trying the two mixed drinks this trip since this is the first time they're not based on Monster or something. I usually find myself at Duff Gardens for a Dufftober or Diagon to get a Wizards Brew.

Plus there's the 'official' drink of HHN: vodka cherry coke.

Oh yes, who can forget the drink that's strong that you can't remember the name or what's in it. :lol::tongue:

I'm looking forward to trying the two mixed drinks this trip since this is the first time they're not based on Monster or something. I usually find myself at Duff Gardens for a Dufftober or Diagon to get a Wizards Brew.

Plus there's the 'official' drink of HHN: vodka cherry coke.
Lol right!! It happens every year can't figure out why:cheers:. I usually stick to rum and cokes in a blinks cup and duffs in between. Can't wait to have a blinky cup in my hand next week. Something about that cup:lol:

I don't know why, maybe nostalgia, but I have to get their shitty Long Islands. They are absolutely awful and feel like a hangover, but we've been drinking them since HHN 17 and have to get one at least every year.

Lol right!! It happens every year can't figure out why:cheers:. I usually stick to rum and cokes in a blinks cup and duffs in between. Can't wait to have a blinky cup in my hand next week. Something about that cup:lol:
It is Jan! Best bartender in the chaos they call the Finnegan's hold. She is the keeper of the Green Stuff (only one that knows how to make it right) and a few of those can make strong men forget why they paid mucho bucks to be there. Finest kind!

It is Jan! Best bartender in the chaos they call the Finnegan's hold. She is the keeper of the Green Stuff (only one that knows how to make it right) and a few of those can make strong men forget why they paid mucho bucks to be there. Finest kind!
Yeah the green stuff!! what the heck is that called?? Got to order one this year

As of tonight
  • No liquor at pop up tents. Liquor is confirmed at Finns, heard still at Chez Alcatraz but no confirmation.
  • Beer and premixed drinks at all pop up tents, Moe's, Duff, Diagon.
  • Finn's now has a queue in the bar, removing hang out feel
  • Blood bags/blood hearts are removed

Why does it sound like you are visiting a bar that I have never seen in FL?

I do like my rums, I will try a blink if they have rum in them (sometimes) but mostly, I'll try and grab my drinks from Finns

Sounds like they're trying to speed up the drink lines and push more alcohol sales by increasing volume in the lines.

Blood bags could be a labor supply issue. Depends on whether people are still displaced or not. It could also be a cost cutting measure if labor costs are higher than returns on sales.

EDIT: Third thought. Maybe the new blood hearts are just not being received well at some level, consumer, distributor or Universal.

Not supply issue. Decision was made to make event as "dry" as possible.

All I know is a decision was made early this morning regarding alcohol sales at HHN. I don't now about making it "dry" (seriously so much beer still available) but maybe reining it in some. It's why I made a post and trying to put facts together.

I worked Loss Prevention at a major theme park for three years. This is just my opinion, but putting liqueur (your costliest drinking option) at relatively unsupervised carts and pop-ups sounds like a nightmare to me.

Not only are you trusting employees that normally don't bar tend to pour correctly, but there is also potential issues with them serving/hooking up underage friends or cute guests.

Sure, you still have those last two items with beer/pre mixed, but the cost of those is much lower, and the ABV is a fraction of liquor.

To me, pulling in the hard stuff availability to you everyday locations is just a sign of wanting a little more control over it.