HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 132 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As a black man married to a white woman, we both enjoyed Get Out for what it was, a smart, edgy, fictional thriller. But also as fan of Horror Nights, it would be a bit disappointing to experience Get Out in a maze up close. Especially with Blumhouse having such a large, newer catalog of pure horror themes.

I can take a joke and laugh at it, but the wife would be ticked off for sure.

According to the Orlando forums it seems as though a certain IP announcement is due tomorrow, and there will be blood(if you know what I mean).

Okay so I happen to know presto off of this forum, in the real world. They've been a long time lurker and we spoke about everything they know before they posted. I know who their source is. Their source is very reliable. (We discussed a few other things they found out, but I'll leave it to them to post the rest if they want.)

Okay so I happen to know presto off of this forum, in the real world. They've been a long time lurker and we spoke about everything they know before they posted. I know who their source is. Their source is very reliable. (We discussed a few other things they found out, but I'll leave it to them to post the rest if they want.)
Welp......that blows. Blumhouse is my least anticipated now.

I know you guys will take this with a grain of salt since I'm new here, but I heard from a friend on the inside that the Blumhouse of Horrors will only feature The Purge, Sinister, and Happy Death Day. No Split or Get Out, surprisingly.

And that every maze leak here was correct (save for ToT, which kept us guessing), but we already knew that.

Dang. I was really hoping to see Split and no Purge this year. Oh well :(

Why are you guys putting faith into someone who's never posted before today

Which is why I acknowledged that. I've lurked here for at least the last few years, and I had an account before (never commented), but couldn't even remember which email I used for it, so I just made a new one.

I also got some other info.

According to that same source, they actually will be serving alcohol this year, but only in the beer gardens area, this will more than likely be Jabbawockeez' last year because they were apparently only contracted for three years, and currently there are no plans to add additional Walkers to TWD due to budget reasons.

It also doesn't sound likely that we'll ever be getting the Death Eaters in Hogsmeade for the event. WB shut that down here real fast.

EDIT: Thanks, Peasoupprincess for the validation!

Last edited:
Alcohol isn't being sold this year, its on the website.
That's just what I was told. I have no idea if it'll just be beer or any hard stuff at all, but apparently they're planning to.

It could be something that they're testing. I was just told it was happening, but in one spot only.

From what I was told, it didn't sound like Get Out was cut from Blumhouse late in the game at all. It just sounded like it didn't make it that far.

They'll have alcohol in the RIP lounge, but it's a 2 drink limit. If you don't do RIP, you don't get booze. Hopefully it stays that way, there are people who can handle their alcohol and their scares, but even when sober a lot of people abuse the actors so factoring in alcohol would make the problem much worst in my mind

They'll have alcohol in the RIP lounge, but it's a 2 drink limit. If you don't do RIP, you don't get booze. Hopefully it stays that way, there are people who can handle their alcohol and their scares, but even when sober a lot of people abuse the actors so factoring in alcohol would make the problem much worst in my mind

I know what the usual alcohol rules are for the event, but this is just what I was told.

It surprised me a lot to hear this because I've seen what Murdy has to say about alcohol at the event before.