Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

Alledgedly there's enough content from Insidious: Chapter 4 to make an entire house. I'm not going to say more about this since I could get someone in trouble.
Please be really careful what you say on here. What you just said actually could get someone in trouble. I know it's all moot at this point the game, but USH higher ups are fed up and then some with the leaks. They are cracking down really hard on leakers. They have a hard alias on this site. Don't believe me? I heard three people from TWDA got fired just because they found some stuff out after reading this site. Although you are being vague, unless your source thinks it's okay, I wouldn't say anything. At this point they will not rest until the get rid of everybody whos leaking any information. It's pretty serious.

Please be really careful what you say on here. What you just said actually could get someone in trouble. I know it's all moot at this point the game, but USH higher ups are fed up and then some with the leaks. They are cracking down really hard on leakers. They have a hard alias on this site. Don't believe me? I heard three people from TWDA got fired just because they found some stuff out after reading this site. Although you are being vague, unless your source thinks it's okay, I wouldn't say anything. At this point they will not rest until the get rid of everybody whos leaking any information. It's pretty serious.
Yeah I already know all about how serious this all is. This person has no business with Universal though, I can see now how I made it sound like an employee leaked me info. My bad.

Last edited:
I will be at the park tomorrow taking both photos and video. I will try to get as many photos as I can get without being yelled at, again.

Any specific photos/videos you want me to take regarding HHN?

I walked right up to the JP extended queue facade and took a photo. On the loud speaker they said "Sir, the entrance to the attraction is this way please turn around."

After I got the perfect photo I board the JP boats and a worker approaches me saying "I'm sorry but your going to have to delete those pictures. We do not allow anyone taking photos of our mazes"

The worker stood over me as I deleted the photos and man they were really good. :lol:How else do you think I know what the first room looks like? EDIT: well that and by looking through on the tram

I still stayed respectfully behind the construction fence while taking the photos but, it was dumb in the first place even trying.

Last edited:
I walked right up to the JP extended queue facade and took a photo. On the loud speaker they said "Sir, the entrance to the attraction is this way please turn around."

After I got the perfect photo I board the JP boats and a worker approaches me saying "I'm sorry but your going to have to delete those pictures. We do not allow anyone taking photos of our mazes"

The worker stood over me as I deleted the photos and man they were really good. :lol:How else do you think I know what the first room looks like? EDIT: well that and by looking through on the tram

I still stayed respectfully behind the construction fence while taking the photos but, it was dumb in the first place even trying.
As long as you didn't trespass, I wouldn't let them intimidate you. Going out of your way to get up to the maze entrance in JP might be questionable so you did the right thing to delete those photos. If you took a picture of Construction from a distance where everyone was and they forced you to delete it, then I would fight it. Unless you trespass, that is considered bad customer service.

As long as you didn't trespass, I wouldn't let them intimidate you. Going out of your way to get up to the maze entrance in JP might be questionable so you did the right thing to delete those photos. If you took a picture of Construction from a distance where everyone was and they forced you to delete it, then I would fight it. Unless you trespass, that is considered bad customer service.

Well said, it doesn't make sense why one should force the guests to delete the photos that they took in the area they're allowed to walk by. I get that Universal wants to protect their mazes from being totally exposed, but they should have covered it a bit more better if they don't want photos to leak out like this. It sorta crosses the line if they force a person to delete the photos they considered to be secretive within the area they're allowed to walk in and that sets a dangerous precedent.

a worker approaches me saying "We do not allow anyone taking photos of our mazes"
....well then I guess you don't want free publicity for the event to generate the hype. And considering you're a movie studio that has a Studio Tour that basically promotes "behind the scenes" & encourages you to take photos (from guest areas)... How is this doing any harm? Furthermore, how does a pic of the facade ruin and/or spoil anything? Its not like you have a sign on the front saying "OMGZ ITZ A _______ MAZE!!!"....

Anyway, here are pics from this past tuesday....

TITANS OF TERROR

2ArQ7IL.jpg

BLUMHOUSE OF HORRORS
TwNEob5.jpg

SHIPPING CRATES
jspmE5T.jpg

AHS: ROANOKE
6PYrWY4.jpg

xh6i05o.jpg

SAW
WxSQSPA.jpg

68piZuI.jpg

ASH VS EVIL DEAD
DcGx1ko.jpg

TITANS OF TERROR TRAM: HOSTED BY CHUCKY
5wAfc66.jpg

fWRa7XW.jpg

3DrVFs0.jpg

aWN0Ndk.jpg

Didn't feel the need to include a pic of "The Shining", "Insidious", or "TWD" for obvious reasons.

I feel like the construction for Blumhouse (particularly the facade) is going really slow. Didn't that one start construction before Titans over at WW? And that one already has a relatively detailed facade.

Was thinking......Given how much Murdy mentions maze treatments, it would be nice to have a book (or a series of books) dedicated to a behind-the-scenes look at maze creation each year as part of the merchandise. It could include pages from those treatments, design documents, photos, all annotated by Murdy. Would be a nice fan collector's item in my opinion. I think I recall an unofficial Orlando book, but cant' recall Hollywood having one.

I feel like the construction for Blumhouse (particularly the facade) is going really slow. Didn't that one start construction before Titans over at WW? And that one already has a relatively detailed facade.
Hell.. Insidious was the 2nd maze under construction & had its facade completed long before other maze announcements & we're STILL waiting on that to be announced.

Speaking of which... we've reached the 28 days until the event begins mark... Orlando just announced their SZs & AOV... but none of their original houses or Blumhouse. We're still waiting on BOTH Blumhouse & Insidious. Its kinda bad marketing/business to be waiting until the last minute.

Its kinda bad marketing/business to be waiting until the last minute.

And they wouldn't have to worry as much about leaks if they announced things once they were locked and certain to appear.
On one hand, I get the idea of waiting until near the event to drum up excitement (release info too early and excitement could diminish over time), but on the other hand we have things like movies that release trailers several months to a year before actual release and those work just fine for marketing. Maybe HHN marketing people just need to explore better ways to dole out important info on a regular basis over a longer period of time to build up to the event. Like some of the older HHN Orlando interactive website stuff.

Blumhouse is in PC, will be the longest maze ever, and will feature Get Out.

This was all said at orientation

I'm just going to be free about my opinion about this:

Ash vs Evil Deads facade looks really bad. The ramp isn't helping and it doesn't look like an airstream. I know they still have to finish the final touches but at this stage you can see the overall shape.