HHN: R.I.P. Tours | Inside Universal Forums

HHN: R.I.P. Tours

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 9, 2019
I figured we could start a thread on R.I.P. tour experiences/ questions.

Mods, this is my first time creating a thread. I apologize in advance if I didn't put the thread right area.

Reactions: MrRoamer
This past Sunday we attended HHN. RIP tours were sold out when we bought our tickets and FP. While hanging out at our hotel I checked the website and there was a tour time slot open so I called and upgraded. Valet is included and the customer rep warned us to get there early. We left at 4 and the there was a sign out on the road stating it was full. Good thing we drove up to make sure because it was basically empty. We killed time at the Hard Rock bar before heading over to check in to get our badges. The check in line took about 25 min. Our tour started at 7:30 so we decided to do MIB, Griggotts, and Wicked Growth since it was only a 5 min line.
La Bambas was good. I liked the atmosphere, however, I wished there were more scare actors wandering through. The mac with pulled pork was tasty along with the pumpkin pie bite. My husband got the poisioned tea party drink. I wanted to like it but to me it tasted like a boozy grape soda.
Our tour guide was fantastic and we really liked her. The group we were in was super chill. There was a 7 year old in the group which was ok until she freaked out. I felt terrible. The tour guide helped calm her and stayed with her as she skipped a few houses. I had a thought that the tour should have a break at the Tribute Store because we forgot to visit it on our own.
After our tour ended we did MIB, Wicked Growth, and finished with Beetle Juice. By that time it was 1:45 so we headed back to our vehicle.
I enjoyed the tour because I love skipping lines..lol. Will I do it again? Probably. My wish would be able to do a private tour. But none of my friends will do haunted houses :(
The night we went the crowd felt kinda light compared to the other HHNs we've attended. I think we could have done all the houses and the show without a Fast Pass.
My only regret was I didn't get any Twisted Tators.

Hi!
Check the website to see when the event starts. I check in before the event starts. Last year I watched the opening scarimony while in line. It took 30 min to check in 2021. Previous years I've just walked up to get my badge. Last year I had time to do a few rides and go through Wicked Growth before the tour.