Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Scare Tactics

Because this seems like the thread to ask, could they do the steep gorge mirror trick the way they did it in In-Between again? As in, no barrier between the guest path and the mirror? Just curious about things they still can and can't do for safety regulatory reasons.
Considering there is an actual drop between the guest path and the mirror? No. They will always put some sort of mirror up. The mirrored floor in In-Between was a different effect to make it feel like you’re floating in a vast space, as you were actually walking on a mirror.

Considering there is an actual drop between the guest path and the mirror? No. They will always put some sort of mirror up. The mirrored floor in In-Between was a different effect to make it feel like you’re floating in a vast space, as you were actually walking on a mirror.

Oh I know that. I was just curious if actually walking on a mirror would be allowed.

Oh I know that. I was just curious if actually walking on a mirror would be allowed.
It’s a different effect. The “catwalk” effect works because the mirror below the path is reflecting something that’s actually 15 feet over your head. It requires guests not walk on the mirror in order to even “see” the drop off.

What you’re thinking is probably more akin to the “tight rope” effect in Mesmer (Knott’s) this year, where guests walk on a plexi box with an infinity box (or endless hallway) underneath it.

It’s a different effect. The “catwalk” effect works because the mirror below the path is reflecting something that’s actually 15 feet over your head. It requires guests not walk on the mirror in order to even “see” the drop off.

What you’re thinking is probably more akin to the “tight rope” effect in Mesmer (Knott’s) this year, where guests walk on a plexi box with an infinity box (or endless hallway) underneath it.

So whatever was used in the In-Between (I’ll look up the house later) was not the same as the Catwalk effect from Dead Silence and Interstellar Terror? What should I call it then?

What was the “fire effect” used in Orfanage and I think Jungle of Doom?

So whatever was used in the In-Between (I’ll look up the house later) was not the same as the Catwalk effect from Dead Silence and Interstellar Terror? What should I call it then?

I wish they had used that effect in ST4 for the Humpty Dumpty scene. Have the walking area be "the wall" and Humpty up on the wall reflected in the mirror.

What was the “fire effect” used in Orfanage and I think Jungle of Doom?
The effect in In-Between was basically a room expansion effect: making the room seem bigger than it was. While the design is typically used only with walls, In-Between applied it to the floor and ceiling as well.

And the “fire effect” was actual fire. Orfanage had a room with a constant fire effect running. Jungle of Doom used flame canons.

So was the little coffin gag in the original Screamhouse 2002 an example of a particular tactic or does it stand out on its own?

Did HHN ever use lasers for some type of “water” or “underwater” effect within houses or was it only used as an aerial effect in the zone South Hollow?